Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Official Victorian Bushfire Appeal Cruise

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
hey guys im back from bairnsdale. the fires in bunyip and churchhill looked bad. you can see how much area is burnt out from the highway. the amount of smoke. i had to stop at the BP servo near the labertouche turnoff. the amount of smoke was real bad. i was having trouble breathing. the smoke was thick loike fog would be upthere in winter.

when i got home 30 mins ago the misses commented on how much i smelt of smoke.

My car stinks of it from driving in it. was thick smoke between pakenham all the way to bairnsdale.

But the good news is it rained all day in bairnsdale and churchhill and gembrook. was a eal good site. coming home no way near as much smoke.

Also cobez good work mate for doing everything today. sorry i couldnt help out today. top efforts to everyone getting this going on short notice

all my clothes stink cant get the smoke smell out of them from our house being full of smoke it sucks

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Likewise on the snags. I was speaking to our work butcher and fruit supplier today. They are willing to donate snags + onions for the day. And basically anything else we want too.

Sweet!!! :yeah:

i hope to fix my car tonight so ill beeeeeee there. Whats the road like on the cruise to the top?? Same as the one on the january dandy cruise?

Not unless someone fixed them :p (no in other words) A couple of rough bumps along the way etc, nothing over the top though.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
thats awsome mate, good on ya, and all the others for putting in the work to get this as official as it can be ;)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah the Herald thing i didn't know about until Trent let us know, i just registered it with the Red Cross as an official charity fundraiser and they must have told the Herald sun as a part of the list.

Great news though! Hopefully that rolls us in a few more people! Up to around 23 cars at the moment.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Good work to everyone who has organised this.

I've added the details on oldholden.com, and will be stickied thanks to Rusty over there.

LINK

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Ive noticed a few car cruises are also listed on Facebook. Does anyone want it on there? i wont put it on till I get mod/organiser approval.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Nah preferably not on Facebook. Just keep it to civilised car forums. Facebook will attract too many tools IMO.

Good work to everyone who has organised this.

I've added the details on oldholden.com, and will be stickied thanks to Rusty over there.

LINK

Nice work mate!! Hopefully we can get a few classic Holdens down there too!

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Distributed this at work too.. unsure how many people are interested.. couple of hundred employees in my building alone, I know 2-3 people who are car keen.. but unsure again of commdores!