Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh Holden... No.

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a

ONE MODEL HAS NO TICKS IN THE SUSPENSION BOX WHICH IN THE CONTEXT COULD INDICATE THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUSPENSION AT ALL AND FOR THE OTHER ONE IT SAYS TORSION BEAN INSTEAD OF TORSION BEAM THIS MADE ME LAUGH I'M SORRY FOR NOT BEING OBVIOUS ENOUGH FOR YOU WITH MY JOKES CAPTAIN HUMOURLESS McBORINGPANTS.

I thought the joke was this alleged, so called "car"?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Looks like the CDX doesn't come with any wheels either.

Lol, you're right! So no suspension...and no wheels...I assume that means it gets delivered to your house on the back of a truck, and then you have to buy the wheels and suspension seperately and fit them yourself? :rofl2:

Quite a radical change from my Astra CDX, which came with alloys (and suspension), in comparison to the CD's steelies.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Or Holden will fit them for you...for $500 per corner !

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Pretty sure the humour is about the poor quality advertising material.. strange too, advertising is so important they dont usually make such silly mistakes. I found it funny, a shame some didnt.

Thats about all Holden can do to keep the price down.....cut corners and cheap plastic crap. Personally I wouldnt touch a barina. My mate has one thats 3 years old that she bought brand new and so far the entire suspension has had to be replaced along with quite a few other parts.

And to continue the humour.. how much did new beans cost?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I can see the humourous side to this post and the quality of advertising is a poor indictiment on the advertising and marketing departments of Holden.

I also think it's a shame that something as basic and unrefined as torsion beam suspension is even highlighted in the blurb, mis-spelt or otherwise. My old Camira had torsion beam suspension and it was engineered in the early 1980's. It was very good in its day but in 2012, it's nothing to be proud of.

It's a damned shame that Holden went from well engineered Euro based small cars like the XC Barina to rubbish like recyled (and damned old) Daewoo Kalos's and the Spark to keep their small car sales alive, simply because the Euro's became too costly for our market.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
my sister has a 2010 model barina spark, and the only problem shes had with it is getting holden to do the tinting she payed for, hasnt broke anything or broken down or had any suspension problems

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
my sister has a 2010 model barina spark, and the only problem shes had with it is getting holden to do the tinting she payed for, hasnt broke anything or broken down or had any suspension problems

Why get Dealership tint? It's usually overpriced. Just like 'paint protection'.

Last edited:

Hoffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Commodore Executive, 2005 Holden VZ S ute
HAHAHAHAH Torsion Bean, lol... like you said would legumes last as suspension components?? then again at least the CD model comes with suspension

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
How about this one...

m+auto.jpg