Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One happy ford customer... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Whaaat.. Ford, Rice?? God damn you fools.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Clix, you're still making no point at all.....you either can't read or your head is so far up your ass that your perception is somehow distorted...

You ******* crack me up though, you'd do the special olympics debating team proud. Before you consider it, please don't bother pointing out that the special olympics do not actually have a debating team. ;)

Feel free to make another useless post though

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
OSL-060 said:
Clix, you're still making no point at all.....you either can't read or your head is so far up your ass that your perception is somehow distorted...

You can't figure out what my point is, but somehow it is me who has his head up his ass?? You are acting like a dog who has been backed into a corner.

Again: :bang:

You claimed that XR6Ts with only bolt-on mods are running 10s.

I don't believe you and want to see you prove your claim.

So far your responses have been nothing short of immature and just plain ridiculous considering that they are coming from a moderator of this site. Clean up your act man. You're doing this (otherwise useful) forum no justice.

I doubt I'll get an intelligent response.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
You probably won't get a response you like, no. The APS vehicles have bolt on mods (of which are tuned, which is not an uncommon practice among EFI vehicles of today).

www.airpowersytems.com.au for your amusing request for evidence.

How many times do I have to say that I never said every XR6T in Australia runs these numbers, nor mentioned how they were tuned, if they even were, if they were still covered by a factory warranty or that they're incredibly light family cars, when they did the actual pass or whether the driver had eaten a variety bucket in the hours leading up. All of which you started raving on about needlessly, well with the exception of the variety bucket.

Oh thats right I just said 'motor wise' and 'these things'....expressing what these components can handle (the thread is regarding warranty issues and reliabily in case you remember). I mentioned nothing about how many are running respectable numbers, who built these vehicles or how many times such an event has occured. Those statistics are something you started raving on about like a madman. But in all honesty, I'm not writing a science journal, I apolgise if it confused you and maybe I should put a little more effort into expressing myself.

There's really never been anything to argue. You really ruined a casual conversation by pointing out useless information of which everyone posting in this thread already knew, I'm sure links to the APS website have been posted previously.

How 'immature' comes from pointing out the fact that you are repeating information which is common knowledge is beyond me. I'm going to leave this and regarding moderation I couldn't care less, representation at times can be a total embarassment here.

If I felt 'like a dog backed into a corner' (haha that's a bloody gold call in the circumstances that don't happen to exist) I would have locked this thread or maybe sent you needless PM's, or even had you banned. I remember someone wanting to ban you months ago and I happened to be the person who said....

"He has a right to an opinion"

I've never said otherwise in this thread either, I'll apologise if I've somehow offended you, but I'm not apologising for pointing out the only fact that exists.

I never said they all run 10's :b:

Last edited:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
right, everyone get together and lets all hug, calm down, damm

i drive a ba series2 xt wagon for work sometimes, and while it is a ford and im a administrator of this forum, i do rate it, i love the gearbox. but i have noticed it is getting slower and slower each time it get's serviced

dont know what the go is but it seems to have more noises now than it did when new

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I also rather the manual in the BA, clutch feels alot better. I haven't driven a VY/VZ but if its anything like a VX manual the ford feels much better.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
This is what was on the fordgery forums
Grant said:
What - the guy says that T's run in the 10s. They don't... one has and it was after some serious work.

I think this pretty much sums it up, not that I really care as it's still a ford :p

T

thebrunks

Darren said:
This is what was on the fordgery forums

I think this pretty much sums it up, not that I really care as it's still a ford :p

You guys should take your blinkers off!

I was a Holden fan until I went for a drive in an XR6 Turbo, **** I was even at Bathurst to boo Jim Richards when he & Skaife won in the Skyline, how many of you can claim that!

No other company has anything like it with the low down power & torque & the price tag that the XR6 Turbo has.

bag it if you like, but mine cost me $30,300 inc GST 12 months old with 20,000klms & 2 yrs wty left

Now a vehicle that can haul the family & do 14.1s qtr mile & beat every other factory holden/ford v8 (with exception of the LS2) in production trim at half the price of an FPV or HSV. Where the hell can you find that?

Plus the bonus is they can be put up to 350fwkw for under $3000 or less if you know where to shop!

$33k with 350fwkw that can haul the family, for me Holden don't even have anything close.

Holden/Ford are both Australian built, so they both have the same problems in manufacture. Holden have driveline problems (I'll give ya my mates number he traded his 6 month old holden ute for a hilux because he had to return it every week for wty issues), the same can be said for Ford.

Frankly I don't give a stuff about Holden or Ford now, I just know I drive the best bang for buck & that if holden had a similar car I'd probably be driving that!

Russ

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I do agree Russ to certain a point (geez did I just say that).

Unfortunately / fortunately depending on the way you look at it there are people out there 'myself included' who do have blinkers on and I'm the first one to admit that I do.

My old man has owned 2 or 3 fords and having grown up with the problems I've stayed clear from them where possible and have done a good job of it so far, whereas he on the other hand has moved across to Holden.

Many people don't want a car that does 10 secs down the 1/4 mile, they are simply a minority but I certainly wouldn't say no to one.

Ultimately it boils down to that good old Holden vs ford battle which I don't think will ever end to be completely honest.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
thebrunks said:
Now a vehicle that can haul the family & do 14.1s qtr mile & beat every other factory holden/ford v8 (with exception of the LS2) in production trim at half the price of an FPV or HSV. Where the hell can you find that?

I beg to differ. A VYII SV8 will run 14.0 with a stock LS1 engine. They're currently selling for between $28K and $32K.

Spend an extra $3000 (in bolt on mods only - [diff/exhaust/tune]) on it and it'll run low 12s. Add a cam & some decent valve springs and it will run 11s. Not bad for an N/A engine. You can even buy street legal bolt-on twin turbo kits for these things which will ensure that every other car on the road is a mere speck in your rear view mirror. And you still wouldn't have spent $45K (including the car)...

BTW - I'm not going to name other forums here, but there are places on the internet where you can go to see real people's proven quarter mile times, not just times that the tuners are capable of...

Status
Not open for further replies.