Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OOOH No My Tire Went Bang on the "Q"

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
OFF Topic but here goes to get away from death.
Anyhow had a bad week for motor sports, Could not get the F1 because F1 is only on IP now but I really don't enjoy F1 as I classify F1 and Golf to be the same, you watch it to see the superior picture quality and that it. I watch Golf because its 4K and upscale it to 8k and all you have to do is watch it and see the WOW Factor because Like I have said 99.8% of the Population have never seen 8K in Action but if you get a change to see it Watch it on a large screen.
Now For me a OLD Man that has a expensive hobby I had to get my eyes tested as I don't wear Glasses but I wanted the best out of my eyes so I need to speak to a optometrist. Now I found a optometrist and told him what I want as I watch a 4K TV at the distance of 2.7M and I want you to make a glasses to suit my eyes so I get more out of my TV. He though I was a nutter, no doubt he still have a black and white TV with the Resolution of 640X480
NOW I have a 8k TV that has a Resolution of 7,680 X 4,320 and I sit at 2.35M Yes that close and used a 3/8 of a inch dumpty level full of water to make sure My eyes were in the middle Vertical of the TV, yes that accurate you have to be and nobly could answer me on this so I had to go to the great land of USA and ask this question.

TV SizeViewing Distance Range
(Approx.)
55 inch1 meter / 3.28 feet
65 inch1.2 meters / 3.94 feet
75 inch1.4 meters / 4.60 feet
85 inch1.6 meters / 5.25 feet

WOW that to close for me, 1.6 M so I testing this and found where I'm losing Detail and it was 2.35M (2.40M is the cut off where you lose details, "eg" you cant see it.)
Because there are a few NUTTERS like me in the US I started thread on the great US AVS Forum and even then I had only a few replies from members that have a 8K TV.

Yes Blackman here the Original Blackman the S.O.A.N. Everyone know me as Blackman , The Man of Darkness, except members on this forum.
IT PISSES ME OFF THAT OUR GREAT FOOT BALL get offender being called BLACK, all I say there are WIMPS, should be proud of there colour of there skin.
Anyhow I contacted the Shop in California where I got the 4 tyres from yes he still know (vaguely) me and told him what happened to one tyre he said this tyres should last at least 50 years if the car is on blocks and pressure reduced but said I got them from you in 1978 (No date identifying age on them at this time) and did limited miles on then. He said Now I remember you name is BLACKMAN and you mate is Donald Duck I remember you. I told him all the Original guys that visited you in total about 7 aussies visited you in different dates I'm the only one still alive as all has passed including Donald Duck.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, I know of someone who went this way.
Yes take this seriously, Talk to you Doctor not unless it a boo boo subject. You must have heard of Prostitutes have at least one man dying on top of them. Sex can kill you. Myself and the wife was stunned about this

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I have a set here with about 1000km on them, R15 BFGs 245 and 275. But same, they are about 18 years old. Project car sits on them and not much else. Shame. Even the RWL is clean white.