Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opel Commodore C

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Very interesting read, keep the info and pics coming :)

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Opel Commodore+Rekord+Omega
Vectra

It's still winter and plenty of snow around here and I find myself looking for some 4x4's more and more often. Vehicles like Frontera, Blazer, Ramcharger... :Rofl2:

Found some fitting pics to this thread from last summer so here we go again.

2012135m.jpg

2012136m.jpg

The red one is Opel Vectra A 1995. It followed Ascona C (Holden Camira) - the blue one that I have posted earlier - in the Opel model palette. This one is the facelifted version. Holden didn't sell this one imo, instead at that time it sold Holden Apollo JK/JL/JM/JP that were basically Toyota Camrys.

There have been three Opel Vectra generations; A 1988-1995, B 1995-2002 and C 2002-2008. After that it was replaced with Opel Insignia A. Holden did sold the later Vectra generations. Opel Vectra B as a Holden JR/JS/JS II Vectra and Opel Vectra C as a Holden ZC Vectra. Vectras have been very popular cars in Finland, especially the wagon models of the B and C generations. Many A-models are also still rolling, high mileage and low maintenance costs.

2012137m.jpg

2012138.jpg

I think in these pics it can clearly be seen how the design cues follow down in the model palette from the bigger models to the smaller ones.

The Vectra is not mine btw, it's fwd. However they were also available with turbo and 4x4 204hp and with 2,5 V6 170hp. More common ones were of course the lamer 1,6/1,8/2,0 ones. These used to be popular tuning cars with younger folks but are getting a rare sight now at least in a good original condition.