Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opel Commodore C

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Opel Commodore+Rekord+Omega
More shine with more power, even if it would be great with more power and externally as is. I have a late 60's muscle style in mind.

Also in when i was Germany i had a look at a Irmscher Senator B with the C40SE. It was a really nice car. The Statesman 5000i takes a lot of design cues from it

Saw a Lotus Omega Carlton as well, should note it shares some parts with the VN Group A .They have the same brakes, the ZF 6 speed and a lot of other stuff as well. Its a great car. The Thundersaloon race car is just awesome

Here are a few pics from Tampere Hot Rod & Rock Show last year. Opel Club had top guns Lotus Omega, Irmscher Senator and OPC Insignia on their stand.

img5137u.jpg

Lotus
img5133ot.jpg

Irmscher
img5134z.jpg

Lotus engine 377 hp
img5131e.jpg

OPC engine 325 hp
img5136l.jpg

I could so use a few hundred extra horses on my Omega too :cry:

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Hey Sven or wateva your name is, you know more than most from down under about commodores.Either you gotta get a girlfreind mate, change nationalities or perhaps come over here on a leaky boat..U can buy a new Commy then..Welcome to Australia...

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Ha mate, my name was in the opening post and Svens are living in our western neighbor Sweden. Time spent on old Opels might be wasted time but at least it's fun so I'm going to continue :D.

On last weekend was the Classic Motorshow in Lahti. I aimed my Omega in that direction and it was a great trip. Weather couldn't have been any better, and it was loads of vehicles on show. Talked crap with friends and shot over 350 pics. I picked two examples, that are somehow relevant to this thread, for you:

From the inside an Opel Diplomat B, 5.4 liters.
img7753i.jpg

and from the parking lot further away a Pontiac GTO, 6.0 liters.
img7590w.jpg

It seemed like this Monaro derivative was recently imported from Arizona. There are very few of these in Finland and it might be the best option to get some Holden spirit under your seat and as a bonus the steering wheel is on the right side which is left. We are still very upset with Opel since they didn't and still don't offer us a proper aussie muscle car even if the people living on the foggy island can enjoy the Vauxhall VXR8's and on the other side of the big pond they have these various Pontiacs. Adam could at least use the engine in a new top gun rwd Insignia.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
When was the Diplomat sold? It looks like a 70's or early 80's design, around the HQ-HZ period, but doesn't appear to have anything in common with Holden designs.

And there's nothing wrong with mucking around with old Opels. For us Holden fans, it's just the same thing.

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Right. Diplomat B was made 1969-1977. It's predecessor was Diplomat A 1964-68 which I think looks way better. The A series Kapitän, Admiral and Diplomat had the same body design. There was a Kapitän A on the show also and here's a bit poor photo I took of it. This one has a 2.8 straight six cih engine. The A-series was also optionally available with 327 sbc V8.

img7846bq.jpg

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Hey gr8 pics mate..(mate Sven)..I had a HD & then a HR.I can see sum similar lines there in the front.Dunno if sumbody else can see that & they follow the same family tree...