Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions wanted on an SV6

M

Mr Invisible 55

Sv6

Hey i dont actually own an SV6 but i would love to get one as they look freaking awesome i know its only a six but i would b quite happy with it plus it would b a little friendlier on fuel :) . If i got one i would get it in either red hot or silver. I was wondering if any one has noticed any differences in the sv6 and sv8?.If i got an sv6 things should i take notice of incase they try to sell me a dud
RYAN :drink:

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
There is only enough room on this forum for ONE Ryan :p. Anway Wayne, the 05 update just got the 2 extra airbags and LSD, can't justify the extra 5k for that! the 04 model's are still dam good value who needs the extra 2 bags or LSD. If you going 04 Nov/Dec would be best bet. They were released 9/04, to me the very first models make me hesitant to buy, I wait couple of months to find out any major issues with them. So far so good, no real dramas with the alloytec or their gearboxes.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Looks like mine will be coming a few months earlier now, we just relised rego is due on the VS at the end of june why pay the dosh to get it registered if im going to get rid of it in sept.. So we will start looking in april..
Does anyone have reverse sensors on their SV6 do they work good I would like to get them but most SV6's ive seen for sale dont have them so I will have to get the dealer to fit them...

molantz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
TI0350 said:
Does anyone have reverse sensors on their SV6 do they work good I would like to get them but most SV6's ive seen for sale dont have them so I will have to get the dealer to fit them...

Yep I do. Sure do work well!

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Good luck with the purchase mate, I am no longer in market for an SV6, shot my 12mth plan down in one giant swoop... '04 C A L A I S :) I could not resist one in such awesome condition for $27,500 with 35,000k's on it...From one extreme to the next "haha".

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
ShanghaiVZ said:
'04 C A L A I S :) I could not resist one in such awesome condition for $27,500 with 35,000k's on it...From one extreme to the next "haha".

Who? What? When? Where? How?

V6 or V8? Leather?

They're niiiice cars. Problem is that they've depreciated far too quickly... :cry:

Burty65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0litre "Thunder" Ute - Auto
SV6 a great leap............although........

Certainly the SV6 was a great leap from the VYII "S" with the based ecotec 3.8. Much better power delivery and increased torque across the range. To me it is a much better drive, and I have cause to drive many cars in my role.

However, I don't belive that it is much of an improvement over the VYII "S" S/C. Just how many ponies the S/C pumps out nobody is really sure, but to me, the delight of the S/C motor is thr broad torque delivery accross the range. You just don't have to rev these things to extract some great performance. It's performance, particulalry between 0 -80kms is fantastic.

If you look at performance times, they (the SV6 and "S" S/C) are neck and neck. I would have at a guess, that if the S/C had the luxury of a 5 speed auto or a manual, it would be game over.

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
I borrowed my Father in laws SV6 to drive over to the Summernats and back, only had 2500 ks on it when I set off, great car to drive and handled the road really well, returned an average of 8.8 L/100ks for the whole trip and was using 8.1 L/100 ks at 110 km/h, it is an 05 model with the 5 speed auto, has cruise, reverse sensors which are ok (I found them annoying sometimes, but that is a personal thing), and most of the mod cons, the only thing that I could say negative about it was the awful feel of the accelerator pedal with the electronic throttle set up, found it spongy and slow to respond to input, but makes taking off from a stop smooth as silk, and the engine sounds a bit tinny. This is his second SV6 as they only keep their cars for 12 months or 15000 k's and have both been good.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
TI, I'll put up a thread in the "my ride" section when I could be bothered lol..haven't picked up car yet, that's tomorrow. LOL@Clixanup, ok dude it's a N/A V6 and it's velour, oh it's Jan 04 so VY2..I had fun with my gen3 ute, this time around luxury/comfort is my first priority that's what happens when you get old lol. It's a beautiful example, one owner ex-principal's car from a posh Grammar school in QLD. I have so much gear to play with in this Calais, I don't know where to start. :) As for the value dropping, this time round I don't give a stuff :D will be years before I look again, you think the Calais's drop bigtime, I feel sorry for the Statesman/Caprice owners, you can get an 02 WH2 Caprice for under 23k these days :b: