Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Seen this unit in a 2009 GTS on Carsales, looks like it has the dual zones

IMG_4160.JPG

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
With using navigation on these digoptions head units, is internet connection required? Or does it have inbuilt GPS chip and internet connection is not required?

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
With using navigation on these digoptions head units, is internet connection required? Or does it have inbuilt GPS chip and internet connection is not required?

you can use either or. i prefer to use internet maps just for live traffic updates and stuff but it comes preloaded with offline maps

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
you can use either or. i prefer to use internet maps just for live traffic updates and stuff but it comes preloaded with offline maps

Great, thanks.

I'd prefer not to connect my phone to it every time I want to use it.

Ashdob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ahh I got you, mines an ssv so I have dual zone. Seems like a pain to convert it to single zone. I'll probably just leave it stock then -.-

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Ahh I got you, mines an ssv so I have dual zone. Seems like a pain to convert it to single zone. I'll probably just leave it stock then -.-

yeah youre probably better off going down the route of the alpine unit or a series 2 iq conversion if you really want to upgrade to something different

Ashdob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeah youre probably better off going down the route of the alpine unit or a series 2 iq conversion if you really want to upgrade to something different

Yeah I'll probably go the alpine, my headunit is on the way out I think. Cuts in a cuts out. So I'll probably have to upgrade soon.