Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
At $3,870.00 I'm glad I got the DigOptions for $799, my son has a VE SSV Series 2 & it has the IQ Radio, my one shits over it & my son has said the same

I once owned a ve with that series 2 IQ with nav/maps in it and the whole thing was total junk the maps are always outdated and now cost to update, the video lockout while driving junk which costs to remove, no decent amp outputs, pretty low grade usb filesystem support(windows ce6 limitations), no app upgrade/install options, overall just what I would have expected from a mass produced unit to save cost.
the mylink in the new vf and colorados are just as crap lol.

the dig options one works fine for me, I lost the dual zone function but I never used that anyway.
it has decent dedicated amp outputs, maps you can update pretty easy by looking around the net for igo, you can play video while driving out of the box.
it supports 2tb usb hard drives(could be more but 2tb is a safe limit on mbr fat32 drives) and has the full run of android app options like torque pro for the obd/elm327 and so on.
I reskinned the ui on mine and it looks a whole lot better.

the only issues I have with mine is sometimes it forgets the last song it was playing when you start the car the next day and it does not hold the ac settings.
it defaults to fan switched off, air blowing on feet, ac on, recirculate on.
the am band radio does not work it needs a software update to correct it, with a 2tb hdd who needs radio lol.
i can live with those small problems.

i have been talking to the people that make the units software and can decoder software and they pretty much said they cant fix the dual zone problem until they can run tests on a dual zone commodore.
they are in china so its not going to happen soon but the decoder box can be updated via a software update put onto a sd card in the radios sd card slot so it is possible it might be fixed sometime later and can fix radios they have sold already like mine.

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
I thought dig options was Australian like it says on their site and first time I've seen someone say they've had problems with a dig options unit.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Hey guys,

Hows everyone been travelling with their dig units? just curious as eventually i want to get one and its been a few months now that you guys have had them.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hey guys,

Hows everyone been travelling with their dig units? just curious as eventually i want to get one and its been a few months now that you guys have had them.
So long as you don't have a dual zone aircon vehicle.. you should be fine.

Simon Muntz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commododore
Hi all
I have ordered a new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I, cost $799
it's a DigOptions Android GPS for Holden Commodore VE Series I 2DIN Navi Bluetooth Radio Stereo DVD,
it has a 8in screen & VE Series 1 Dash Facia with full AC Controller, very nice unit & looks like part of the car
I may have to paint the facia black to make it fit in color wise, it also comes with all parts to fix to the factory wire harnesses
they only had 5 when I ordered my one, but they may get more

dig%20radio_zps1azge3lk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Will post photos when I have it fitted in

Car DVD Players, Reverse Camera Kits, Car Entertainment System, Home Electronics | DIG Options

Queston does any one know if you can change the Series 1 top of radio lcd screen that is red to a clock only

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
that looks like the original dig unit. Their V2.0 is black now and has red leds to match sv6,ss, etc. tbh that website looks so dodgy though :D

drewboy

Reaction score
Sounds great. I will most likely order one shortly for my SV6. I also looked at the series 2 retro fit however as you say it was way to expensive.
I would leave it silver, as it looks more "factory" than trying to match the black finish. Shame they don't do it in black.

I wonder how hard it would be to have the top display show the volts and oil pressure like in the SS?
You can get some one with a Tech 2 to change the red display to sports mode and it will show volts and oil pressure.

Ashdob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
So long as you don't have a dual zone aircon vehicle.. you should be fine.

Does it compleatly get rid of your aircon/heater functions or just the dual control feature, but can still use it just not dual zones. Thankyou.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
nah you have a/c as long as your vehicle is single zone, so if its a omega, sv6 or ss then youre fine but if you have duel zone you can get a single zone hvac and convert your car to single zone