Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Orig spec tyres for staggered 19" on S1 Redline Wagon

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks for the heads up on that. I hope I don't get a shock as I have already ordered the Eagle F1 (Assymetric 3) !! I was going off a US website about tyres and where they were made, the US author was having a bit of a rant (and good on him I say) . I will try to find it again to see if I can see when the information was posted. They said Goodyear was still largely made in USA. But that could have been written 5 years ago! Here is an interesting site (a Law firm in the US, would you believe, maybe one of the lawyers has an interest in tyres) which gives a pretty complete list of DOT codes on tyres which gives the manufacturing plant name and location. https://wfirm.com/complete-list-of-tire-dot-plant-codes/

This info was posted in Jan 2021 but the information was probably older than that. There are some interesting places I would never have thought, like Hungary and Romania (Pirelli manufacturing), Armenia, Turkey, a few in Russia, Huge amount in U-Know-where... KUMHO Tire Georgia INC. is in the USA - I always thought that was a Korean tyre.

I'll be spewing if I get these Eagles and it says Made in china. On this DOT list, Goodyear have plants in India , Canada, USA (at least 5 States), China, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Germany ... to name some.
Kumho is a South Korean company.....They like most manufacturers have plants round the world, including Vietnam and China

Yes the dot code is there to help identify where tyres are made so if there are issues with a batch of tyres, they know where they are made, when they are made and help get them off the shelves and find out what went wrong through manufacturing.

Surprisingly enough, very few tyres in this country come from America...Just because they come out of China, doesn't mean they are crap....It's a stigma from years back that is unfounded these days

Last edited:

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
Kumho is a South Korean company.....They like most manufacturers have plants round the world, including Vietnam and China

Yes the dot code is there to help identify where tyres are made so if there are issues with a batch of tyres, they know where they are made, when they are made and help get them off the shelves and find out what went wrong through manufacturing.
Sorry for long delay in replying. I finally got the tyres that were ordered from over East put on the new VF 9" rims last week. The Goodyear F1 Assymetric 3 - 275/35/19 are Made in Germany. Very happy to see that. They weren't cheap - $538 each (F&B of course) and I don't think they charged me shipping from Sydney either. I could have got them almost $95 each cheaper from a guy in Vic but after shipping would have been less and as well, I had already told BJ T mart to put the order in and didn't want to stuff them around - since they were the ones fitting them and swapping around the Pirelli's and the sensor valves etc.

I've found that sometimes it's best to wear a little extra cost as often, things on paper that look great many times turn sour, and you then wish you'd stuck to "Plan A".