Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Orig spec tyres for staggered 19" on S1 Redline Wagon

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
Hi -- I have a VE SS-V wagon but am posting this in the VF section as I have been fortunate enough to have located some VF Series 1 Redline rims (19" staggered) which I want to put on mine. I bought the car with chrome Speedy 20" which I don't like. Plus, my VE has the VF Brembo brakes retro fitted so another reason that's why I needed the Redline rims.

The question is, can anyone remember what tyres (size and make) the Series 1 Redlines had fitted at the rear from factory? I have my eye on Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3) 275/35/19 but they're not in stock in WA so will have to be ordered from over East. The Bob Jane guy here reckons that it might be better to go for a 30 profile as the 35 had a tendency to scrape the guards .

So I wanted to ask what size and make the factory put on so I can know a bit more before I make a decision. Also has anyone with the wagon and the staggered 19" rims had a problem with wheel arch clearance with the 35 profile?

Many thanks.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
If S1 and S2 are the same, this is the tyre placard for the VF S2 Redline Wagon… They were fitted with Potenza RE050 (but not the run-flat version!) from the factory.

IMG_2234.jpeg

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The question is, can anyone remember what tyres (size and make) the Series 1 Redlines had fitted at the rear from factory?
They had Bridgestone RE050A tyres 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. You can still buy RE050A's, they're expensive, old technology and not that good today. My preference with a good value for money second tier performance tyre is the Bridgestone RE003, a massively better tyre at all levels than the old RE050A. Above that I'd choose a Michelin PS4S at a much greater cost of course for a top-level performance tyre.

Bridgestone's top tier performance tyre the Potenza Sport, has the ugliest sidewall imaginable with a large rim protector protrusion to the extent that personally, I couldn't fit a tyre so visually unappealing.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We have a S1 Redline with 43k kms which the better-half babies & which has just had it's 4th set of rear tyres installed.
Factory RE050's, a set of PS4S's, and a stuff-up by Tempe Tyres where one side was a PS4S & the other side a SuperSport.
RE003's don't last any longer than the PS4S's AFAIK.

I just had a pair of Pilot Sport 5 fitted - hoping they will last a bit longer.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've been in the car ... she babies it.
The tyres are pissweak!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I've been in the car ... she babies it.
The tyres are pissweak!
And when your not in the car with her, its flat out everywhere.
You'd be proud of her, at the lights its dragging the boy racers, & beating them! ;) :) :cool: hahaha

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
If S1 and S2 are the same, this is the tyre placard for the VF S2 Redline Wagon… They were fitted with Potenza RE050 (but not the run-flat version!) from the factory.
Thanks for the pic Chris - can't get more accurate than that. I was already planning on getting the 35 profile over the 30 that BJ Tmart recommended so that's good to know. Apparently the Goodyear Eagle F1 make both profiles. Still have the Ol Skool way of liking to see a bit more rubber around the rim.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Thanks for the pic Chris - can't get more accurate than that. I was already planning on getting the 35 profile over the 30 that BJ Tmart recommended so that's good to know. Apparently the Goodyear Eagle F1 make both profiles. Still have the Ol Skool way of liking to see a bit more rubber around the rim.

Let us know how the Eagle F1s go. I tried to buy some but they were unavailable at the time. I went with the PS4Ss - definitely an improvement over the RE050As which seem to go off after a few years.