Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR air intake

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

Well nuddy thanks for your input but on the otr website i went to thats what they claimed (14kw) which is around 7hp, Dont know where your getting 20-30 RWKW from as thats a big jump even with a good tuner....Just for the record i ended up with 251.1 rwkw from 1 5/8 headers, and 2.5 exhaust, and just a K&N filter in standard air box...Not a bad result id say...If i must put an OTR on at a later time i will do and get it tweeked up if it needs it, untill then im frying tyres....

that's without a tune

like somone else mentioned if you had the OTR you would of gotten 265-275 out of it.. the car would also be a bit more responsive and you can actually here the car breathing with an OTR.

you will need an OTR if you do any more mods and either the VCM or the duspeed ones are good. there are other ones around but they're the two that most people seem to use

Demon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden sv6 series 2 2012
How many kw did you get out of the otr and would it fit on a 2012 model ?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi boys and girls. I was considering a otr air intake before my tune tommorow but after talking to my dyno guy he advised me against it as it can create problems with the maff sencer. He also told me after the expense of purchasing it you will get a gain of only 7HP!! I'm just thinking of getting a K&N air filter to fit the standard box .. What are your thoughts on this??

That tuner is a knob.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Welcome to the forums Lloyd.

Personally I haven't seen the new ones in flesh and bloody but going by the website they look very nice. I have really taken a liking to the DEH-P8450MP although price wise I don't think I would want to know.

I would tend to stick with what you have got unless there is a problem with the current one. Its always nice to splash out and buy the latest and greatest but it really does hurt the bank account.

Sure they are getting slightly more powerful but ideally if you want nice sound you would get a nice powerful amp and/or sub combination to go with it to get everything out of it.

K&n filter will do nothing. Otr makes a huge improvement not just power.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Anyone who says an OTR isn't worth it is an idiot. No offense but seriously I would say it's THE best bang for your buck mod you can do to a VE. Induction roar is another + for an OTR VCM is the best on the market IMO. K&N filters are a waste of $50 or whatever they are. Awesome gains in response power torque and sound :D

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Turtle2388 is on the money, don't waste your time with aftermarket filters in the stock airbox, all you're doing is wasting your time and money!
As Turtle said, the VCM OTR is the way to go, and retaining the maf is a big plus.