Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

otr or ss growler air intake

marty_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 5.7L VY SS
hey guys what is your thoughts on the two. i have a cold air growler intake set up atm and just got a maffless tune and thinking is it worth getting an otr intake. or just keep what i got. if i had to buy either one they are both the same price. but as i said i allready had the growler on the car when i bought it

vysute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 Utility 2004
otr would be better but in the same position i wouldn't respend that amount of money to get a gain that would barely be noticed. depends on how much value you place on small gains really.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
^^^ I was going to say the same thing

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I was going to say the only real advantage to keeping the Growler is that you can keep it legal by still using the maf.
But since you already have a mafless tune the extra gains by using an OTR will only be small but there will be gains.
And if you start modding the car (most likely) then the OTR will benefit those gains better than what the Growler will.
Plus the induction roar of most OTR's is pretty captivating.

marty_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 5.7L VY SS
thanks for your input :) we just took out the air flow meter and put a section of pipe there. and once its tax return time i wil be getting a cam done. just wondered if its worth bugeting for an otr. i thinking 650 is alot to spend on an air intake. thats a ramjet that i keeps hearing really good things about

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Always gains with an OTR especially when driving....no air getting rammed in with a POD

I would buy one but I'm more of a DUS fan

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yes, Dus is the brand. They make a great intake would also be my pick of the lot.

Heres a pic of my SS with a duspeed OTR

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqdx6.jpg