Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our old VE Calais :(

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
794F1134-621E-4FBD-8BF0-3E0A85E9FFF6.jpeg

We just found our Calais for sale.
We still have a strong emotional connection to this car as mentioned in another thread. It’s taken us on holidays. It brought home our baby girl from the hospital. It brought home our baby boy from the hospital. It stood us good with 100’s of trips to PMH and now PCH with our son.
This car has new HVAC. Sound proofing in the cabin. New gearbox. Series 2 headunit upgrade. New brake booster. New pedal plate and new insulation in engine bay. New plugs. New coils. SS mufflers. New interior brake light. Sound proofed boot (don’t ask questions). Reverse camera. Most of the AC is new and any potential owner will be able to find threads on it here. Especially the monster interior overhaul. New battery. Whole car has been repainted by Universal Panel and Paint with the nicer version of the colour (high metallic) and urethane clear.

A fkn score for someone. We traded it reluctantly for the new Hyundai Santa Fe that makes things easier for getting our son in and out of now he is bigger.

It also has my wife’s PCH pen in the console! How did I miss that?!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-holden-calais-v-ve-auto/OAG-AD-20773811/

I wasn’t allowed to fix the headlights though. Soz. I wanted to.

Well serviced.

This cars cooling system was featured in the how to on cooling system maintenance.

Is it weird I get a bit emotional about seeing her all alone now? I wish we could still have it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Oh. It has a VF wiper motor and VF wiper arms that were overhauled. series 2 engine bay insulation. New cabin filter. Tonnes of other stuff as well. Oh new shocks and new springs.

Fairly new tyres.

I still have a heap of invoices for it. Loads.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I here ya.

Had my VS for nearly 19 years.

Have seen it advertised a number of times by different sellers with some 90k LESS kms on it since I sold it nearly 5 years ago.

Makes it feel like it has been the town bike after so long in my custodianship.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
You didn't put the radiator cover under the bonnet on your VE. I had a 2008 VE Calais in the same colour. Was a good car - drove it from new until just over 106k Kms I think. Guy that got it got a beautiful car serviced every 7500 kms.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
It does look immaculate. I thought 2nd hand car prices were meant to be very high ATM?

Out of curiosity why did you not try to sell it privately, could have got more for it I would assume.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So how much have they marked it up ?
$9K + ORC seems cheap to me.