Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Out of Euro and Back into "Aus" rides

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Getting cars engineered with mods can cost a lot of money and time and be a big pita.
Is the car engineered and legal?

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
If its engineered with the blower it sounds ok,guy asked the same question a couple weeks ago about a Calais 2015 that was cammed but it didn't have a blower and the cost was 45g,everyone said he should buy it.....this is 3 g more with a supercharger and its apparently worth nothing bahaha wtf
Make sure its engineered with the blower.
Any decent blower kit installed and tuned is around 15g plus whatever else hes spent.
Tbh the power figure quoted doesn't seem silly at all and certainly not pushing the stock motor in any way if tuned correctly.
View attachment 207900 View attachment 207899 View attachment 207899 View attachment 207900
I wouldn't say not to buy it on the basis of it having been modified; I'd say not to buy it at the asking price on the basis of them wanting too much on the used market for those modifications (and the reactions to a car that's been modified by someone else on a Commodore enthusiast forum is fairly telling IMHO). If it's as neat & clean as the $35k-ask cars on CarSales appear to be (remembering they'd probably really sell for ~$32k-$33k), then it's probably something like a $40k car.

Mind you I don't see brakes or suspension listed in the mods, so if they weren't done (remembering it's a Calais) then you'd question how well the other stuff was actually done …
I agree. I have 1 year old VW with 20k of mod receipts and would sell it for the value of the car “stock” on Carsales as modding don’t make you money.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I cant see any of the attachments.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf v8 wagons are awesome,first commodore ive ever owned and I love it,love every part of it.

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
Would... Not... Touch. No matter what your mate says. A car modded to the degree it was before being defected would not have been driven lightly. Way too expensive for a car that might have had a hard life.
Unless it has been extensively tracked, then it is pretty hard to flog a car like that on public roads.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Unless it has been extensively tracked, then it is pretty hard to flog a car like that on public roads.
That's true but what's the point of mofifying a car to that extent if you don't use it? I realise you can drive a car hard without abusing it, but the history of the car's use (not its service history) is the unknown here.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I mean if any of you are on the facey groups youd know you can definitely flog a car like that on public roads. Id say most do this to fry tyres illegally on the street.

Id love that TT one.