Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Out of Euro and Back into "Aus" rides

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
That's true but what's the point of mofifying a car to that extent if you don't use it? I realise you can drive a car hard without abusing it, but the history of the car's use (not its service history) is the unknown here.
Still has the original tyres on it
I mean if any of you are on the facey groups youd know you can definitely flog a car like that on public roads. Id say most do this to fry tyres illegally on the street.

Id love that TT one.
What are the facey mod groups?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Theres heaps and everyone has burnout videos, heres a few:

boosted LS australia
ls turbo australia
maloo mafia motorsports
clube ve & vf motorsports
Hsv & holden page

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That's true but what's the point of mofifying a car to that extent if you don't use it? I realise you can drive a car hard without abusing it, but the history of the car's use (not its service history) is the unknown here.
I don't think "use" = "abuse" ...

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Calais V vs SSV Redline. more bang for buck with the SS?
Apologies as I’m sure there is a thread.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Calais V vs SSV Redline. more bang for buck with the SS?
Apologies as I’m sure there is a thread.
I think someone else was playing one against the other.
It does come down to "it depends", frankly, it really hinges on what you want & what you're going to mod.

SSV-R comes with better speakers & sub, sunroof, grille, brakes, suspension & wheels; except wagon doesn't get the stereo or sunroof stuff. There's other minor stuff but I don't think anything else worth mentioning. By late VF2 the seat differences were minimal.
Calais V comes with more interior trinkets & toys.
If you were going to tweak suspension & wheels, and were getting a wagon … really only the brakes & fugly Calais grille differentiate them, except the Calais does get the trinkets (can't recall what - heated seats? Seat memory? Electric passenger seat maybe? Puddle lights?).

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
I think someone else was playing one against the other.
It does come down to "it depends", frankly, it really hinges on what you want & what you're going to mod.

SSV-R comes with better speakers & sub, sunroof, grille, brakes, suspension & wheels; except wagon doesn't get the stereo or sunroof stuff. There's other minor stuff but I don't think anything else worth mentioning. By late VF2 the seat differences were minimal.
Calais V comes with more interior trinkets & toys.
If you were going to tweak suspension & wheels, and were getting a wagon … really only the brakes & fugly Calais grille differentiate them, except the Calais does get the trinkets (can't recall what - heated seats? Seat memory? Electric passenger seat maybe? Puddle lights?).
Thanks again for the reply. Yeah the Calais comes with the extra cabin features. I would upgrade the wheels and suspension. (Springs and swaybar as the Calais is soggy (comfort). Not sure on the standard brakes pulling up 600HP? Not then again it’s for a daily drive car, not a track car. Would look at putting the new Alpine head Unit in as NEED apple car play (long drives work).

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I went the calais V, then put the wheels, brakes, suspension, exhaust OTR and tune on.

has power and elegance. Iron fist in a velvet glove.