Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Outline left from debadging

btjon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportwagon
As above, any clear-coat safe (note) polish/compound you can buy in a store will be perfectly safe to use. The old school 'cut n polish' the OP's mate used is probably the cheap, nasty **** which should never have been invented, and isn't clear-coat safe, and was probably applied with a pair of old jeans. Any light cut (swirl remover, whatever) polish applied with a microfibre cloth will be fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've assumed you're talking about a difference in the paint colour where the badge used to be, in which case all the prepsol/bug remover etc. will do nothing, you need a light abrasive polish to remove the old paint around the area to blend it in.

Yeah mate that's exactly right. I've got rid off all the sticky residue and what not, it's just a fine outline around the edge of where the badge used to be. I bought the deep crystal paint cleaner mentioned above, but didn't get around to giving it a crack. So I'll do it tomorrow night, and hopefully all goes well! If it doesnt work, i think ill go for the scratchX option. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
I used to be an assistant in a panel shop and one thing the painters taught me for polishing/ cutting paint was to never ever scrunch up your rag. Fold it so it's flat and use your hand on top flatly. This prevents scratching or swirl marks to an extent.