Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oxford/AstraZeneca Vrs Pfizer

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well Today I will get my first Astrazeneca Covid 19 shot, I would have preferred Pfizer but this Government wont budge (even with a letter From my doctor that I've had 1 X Heart attact and 5 Strokes, 2 with Clots) and anyone over 70 years old gets the Astrazeneca that is ONLY 70% Effective compared to Pfizer and Moderna around 95%. This alone pisses me off that most young get Pfizer yet the old people get the lesser Vaccine. What I cant understand why the Goverment discrimate between us as Aboriginal people of any age gets Pfizer
What do you think about this issue that older Folks gets the AZ yet so far in Australia some of the old people have died with either one dose of AZ and some with two but yet AFAIK nobody that is older than 70 has died with Pfizer. Yes I know most older people mostly have AZ but in the early days some old folks got Pfizer.
What do you think? Any Member here that are over 70 and if so what vaccine did you get

How effect are the Vaccines

1629411923553.png

Cost of the Vaccines (typical we get the Cheapest for the Old)

1629412073557.png

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
1629412264667.png

1629412537012.png

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am a couple of years older than you.
My reaction to the first dose of AZ at the end of April was to take a Nanna-nap the the day after.
The reaction of the second dose was a sore shoulder for a couple of days.

If you can sort the fake news ,from the sensational news, from the genuine news, the latest is that Pfizer is more effective first up, but degrades quicker than AZ. We are all going to need booster shots next year.

As for older people (and younger people) dying, unvaccinated, one shot or two shots .......... how was their health before all this started ?
As for the unvaccinated procrastinators ............ the old saying goes ........'Either lead or follow, just get out of the fkn way'

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am a couple of years older than you.
My reaction to the first dose of AZ at the end of April was to take a Nanna-nap the the day after.
The reaction of the second dose was a sore shoulder for a couple of days.

If you can sort the fake news ,from the sensational news, from the genuine news, the latest is that Pfizer is more effective first up, but degrades quicker than AZ. We are all going to need booster shots next year.

As for older people (and younger people) dying, unvaccinated, one shot or two shots .......... how was their health before all this started ?
As for the unvaccinated procrastinators ............ the old saying goes ........'Either lead or follow, just get out of the fkn way'
I watch a VERY GOOD REPORT on CSPAN for the vacinnes on Satellite Cspan televises many proceedings of the United States federal government, as well as other public affairs and its 99% accurate not the lies and the changes we have here in Australia. I love when they have the senate estimate stuff (forgot what they call them) but they get the truth not lies and if anyone lies he or she gets jail time.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
the latest is that Pfizer is more effective first up, but degrades quicker than AZ.

Yes, I have put a link for this

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
the lesser of two evils is to just get vaccinated. the people dying and on respirators are mostly unvaccinated.

all you have to do is look at the stats coming out of places like the US and the UK where delta is active.

or you can sit back and cry about it, i mean that's an option too. But consider this, once a threshold of a percentage of the population is vaccinated has been reached - they WILL open up and you WILL be more at risk.

Just look at this quick overview.

1629413947331.png

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I'm 74, my wife is 66. We both have had the Astra Zenica , both jabs. I had a slight headache with the first jab, none after the second. She had no side affect from either. As for the debate over which vaccine is better we are both relaxed that we had only one choice. I believe there is too much scaremongering by the media who are trying to make a story over nothing.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Wife and I have had AZ x 2.
Wife 100 percent all the the way.
First dose with me no problem.
Second dose light headache and stiff neck for two weeks.
Most concerning was an hour after second shot I got flashes in the eyes that died down after a week and now all back to normal.

Thanks China.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wife and I have had AZ x 2.
Wife 100 percent all the the way.
First dose with me no problem.
Second dose light headache and stiff neck for two weeks.
Most concerning was an hour after second shot I got flashes in the eyes that died down after a week and now all back to normal.

Thanks China.
Yes all this for the Chip monks. I still think the virus was deliberately released.