Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oxford/AstraZeneca Vrs Pfizer

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
this thread is about vaccines, keep it on that.

what percentage of Chinese citizens openly flaunt lockdown rules? What percentage of Chinese citizens are vaccinated?

Let's ignore the Chinese data as people clearly don't trust it and refer the British data I posted on the last page.

Hospitalisations are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down, the UK is fully open.

Do the math.
I thought my question may have been vaccination related, and I did ask for a simple answer as to why there appears to be such a variance in the numbers given the vast difference in populations.
I guess I should have asked was this due to differing vaccination protocols.
Your apparent assertions that the Chinese cannot be trusted, may be a topic for a new thread?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Your apparent assertions that the Chinese cannot be trusted, may be a topic for a new thread?

my assertion is people don't trust it, so ignore it.

look to the brits instead.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I thought my question may have been vaccination related, and I did ask for a simple answer as to why there appears to be such a variance in the numbers given the vast difference in populations.
I guess I should have asked was this due to differing vaccination protocols.

Its not a China thing, its an authoritarian state thing.
Look at North Korea, Syria, Saudi Arabia for similar issues of lack of free speech, lack of independent information and trustworthiness of data.

China has done 1.9B doses apparently.
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations#source-information-country-by-country

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Look at North Korea, Syria, Saudi Arabia for similar issues of lack of free speech, lack of independent information and trustworthiness of data.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations#source-information-country-by-country
Oh okay,

There were three references implying some kind of misgivings towards the Chinese before I posed my reasonable question! Mmmm.....Derek my boy, I notice

Thank you for answering my question......

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The clinical trial results are less important. In the real world situation AZ does very well. In the UK they were given AZ and the UK is open now.
If you think Phizer is safer, google the tga site for adverse reactions to medication and compare for yourself, AZ vs Comirnity ( Phizer )
After that I went and got AZ and I'm 40 something.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Are you getting your chinese info from the Global Times?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've had my first AZ shot, and both of my kids(31 and 28) have had the same.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Only pfizer here in NZ. They just opened up vaccinations for children 12+ due to the fact that the delta strain is effecting younger people much more than the initial outbreak.

Re:UK. Yes they are open but the numbers aren't that great, hospitalizations are up and deaths running at 90 per day. With the increased hospitalizations for covid other medical services are suffering. Their NHS is struggling.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Any vaccine is far better than no vaccine.

Both AZ and Pfizer are excellent at preventing the lower respiratory infections which is the infection that you really want to avoid.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well Today I will get my first Astrazeneca Covid 19 shot, I would have preferred Pfizer but this Government wont budge (even with a letter From my doctor that I've had 1 X Heart attact and 5 Strokes, 2 with Clots) and anyone over 70 years old gets the Astrazeneca that is ONLY 70% Effective compared to Pfizer and Moderna around 95%. This alone pisses me off that most young get Pfizer yet the old people get the lesser Vaccine. What I cant understand why the Goverment discrimate between us as Aboriginal people of any age gets Pfizer
What do you think about this issue that older Folks gets the AZ yet so far in Australia some of the old people have died with either one dose of AZ and some with two but yet AFAIK nobody that is older than 70 has died with Pfizer. Yes I know most older people mostly have AZ but in the early days some old folks got Pfizer.
What do you think? Any Member here that are over 70 and if so what vaccine did you get

How effect are the Vaccines

View attachment 225659

Cost of the Vaccines (typical we get the Cheapest for the Old)

I am very surprised your doctor would even entertain giving you the Astrazeneca shot, considering your health issues.

My wife had a major stroke and her doctor flatly refuses to give her either shot due to the risk of blood clotting, even though she is on blood thinners...

Just be cautious with your decision which ever way you decide to go