Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OzTrack Mafless Tune

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
duspeed and vcm are both popular with tuning shops because they are both ADR compliant, therefore legal. they both have the filter encased within the housing that's why they"re legal.as we all know- exposed filters on late models are illegal pod filters, your orrsom( read the disclaimer at the bottom of their page). both offer excellent flow rates, the vcm in particular was computer designed as was most probably the duspeed as well. The d/speed is easier to clean as the filter can be pulled out thru a removable cover along the top. but I personally prefer the vcm. depending on your driving conditions you should get about 5000km between cleaning but you be the judge of that. When you re- oil it there is no need to oil both sides, only oil the exposed side. A good rule of thumb is only put enough on so it has a uniform coat of the red dye. No need to saturate it either eg: hold it up to the sun so there's just enough on the filter to dull the light thru it. Make sure you get a k&n cleaning kit too. About $25-30

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Ok thanks for that mate, I'll go to duspeed, Steve is pretty good he said if you decide to maf tune it before you come down street/dyno doesn't matter just got to let him know when I get there can the duspeed retain the maf? Because Steve can mafless tune whilst retaining the maf which is a thought. Either way the tunes happening.

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
Mate it will be fine, Oztrack tuned my series 2 and It drove like stock but better. You can trust Steve, he hasn't got his head up his arse either like most in tuners in Sydney

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Thanks for that appreciate the feedback. Is yours mafless or mafless tune with the maf in place?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'll be making sure the tune is practical to drive.

Man, it sounds as if you are expecting a time to unleash a wild beast and add an extra bazillion killerwasps or something. Hope your not disappointed by the end results!

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
I'll be making sure the tune is practical to drive.

Man, it sounds as if you are expecting a time to unleash a wild beast and add an extra bazillion killerwasps or something. Hope your not disappointed by the end results!

I doubt he will be disappointed but probably will be back for a cam upgrade, then supercharger and so on lol

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
under drive, full exhaust, etc etc etc He will be changed for ever after Friday

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Well OzTrack seems to do a goOd job I'm booked in with him. How practical Is a tuned car to drive? If done right I'm assuming there just like any other car? Except they obviously go harder.

A PROPERLY tuned car should behave exactly the same as when you drove it it, but with more power, torque and fuel efficiency (sometimes) lol