Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OZtrack Tuning ( mail order ) Yay or Nay

Merc1

Reaction score
Just South Of The Black Stump, Near The Rabbit Pro
Members Ride
Camel 'coz The Horse 'n' Buggy Croaked
Hi Guys n Gals,

I am just curious at the moment, has any body got any info on the OZtrack custom MAF tune that can be mail ordered. Is it any good, can it still be regarded as illegal ( I'm in NSW ), and how do you guys with the MAFless get your cars thru rego checks.

I just wanna make my little toy go a bit harder. I have a 2001 VX SS auto

Cheers Merc

PS* I did post this in another part of the tuning section, but it got buried ( Sorry Mods !! ):unsure:

Last edited:

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Nay. Mail order is crap to be honest. IMO

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Defiantly a nay!!!

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Worked fine for me.. The mail order tunes are generally conservative.. But I was pretty happy dealing with Steve..

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hi Guys n Gals,

I am just curious at the moment, has any body got any info on the OZtrack custom MAF tune that can be mail ordered. Is it any good, can it still be regarded as illegal ( I'm in NSW ), and how do you guys with the MAFless get your cars thru rego checks.

I just wanna make my little toy go a bit harder. I have a 2001 VX SS

Speak to the tuner about legal workarounds, no problem. If your car feels like it needs a tune then absolutely get one.
Bear in mind some naysayers would not have forked out for different tuner's custom email tunes, some not even a dyno session.
Stick a bigger pipe in it, eh Turtle!!
I can attest that the email tune from Steve was better than the custom dyno at one of the main tuners here in Sydney.
PM me, there are a few important points and recommendations.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey mate my beast has had all its tuning done through oztrack had no troubles at all goes hard, my mates blown, cammed maloo also only tuned through oztrack with no problems, i say a big yay!

like i do a log send it to steve he goes through it sends back an update and i do that a few times til its perfect and bobs ya uncle!

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Should add I whacked mine on a dyno today.. Oz track tune, Duspeed OTR and a full exhaust.. 350 rwhp average runs.. And it can hit 108-109mph on a drag strip.. Nothing to sneeze at.. Sure maybe a custom tube could be better but tuning with oz track was fun..

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
ok just for everyone, as i do niot care about idiot tuners out there ripping people off!
this is what all these muppets out there including the best dyno tuners are doing with your cars.

this is particular for the "300kw mafless tune"
find the code for your pcm using a key finder ( can take hours, this is where its costly )
they then copy your bin file (tune)
they then take a no lie 300 kw mafless gts tune ( hsv gts came with mafless 300kw tune)
they then get it to run two ignition timing maps
slap it in your pcm with minimal tweaking
and whalla good to go!
that is not, nothing else, no special custom super tuning for your hotrod super v8 flux capacitor time machine vx ss hyper drive generating ls9 hsv, just copy paste, slap good to go!
i was so devostated to find this out i nearly cried, one guy on ebay will do this for $80 + postage and will tweak anything else you want