Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Plate Legal Calais?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
only spend money that you need to repair it save up for a house cars are money pits when you get into customising them

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yip save your money you going to need it to pay for fuel and rego, get the car put into your parents name and get them to put insurance on it and add your name to the policy as a regular driver might save you some more pineapples. Have to agree with the apple play wtf is wrong with brand names head units not everyone has apple, mp3 is good , my stereo set up cost me about 700 and the car is driving for 20min every fortnight, lol. If you young man thinking of a sub then I will pass my wisdom onto you, get a 12inch one don't start small like I did 10inc will never be enough you will soon want more, but you will just get use to it and still want more as you go deaf, plenty on buy swap for cheap, I run two 8" open air in the parcel shelf good enough for me these days.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hi All. Recently I was given a 99' V6 EcoTec VT Commodore as my first car but was concerned if it was even legal for me to drive once I become legal age to drive.

I live in South Australia and love the car even though i'm unable to even drive yet and SA seems to not have any websites to search if a vehicle is banned or allowed unlike other states like NSW. Link a website if anyone finds one please!

If anyone has any suggestions for the vehicle e.g first car modifications, things to stay away from etc. would be appreciated. I'm still doing research all the way until i'm 16

Hey Jake , leave the car as is , by a service manual for the VT onward , and learn how to do services and basic repairs , avoid the temptation to modify , the last thing you want to do is become cop bait , and a bog stock VT would be a better car in the long run for a P plater , the only thing I would do however is put a set of tyres on , but leave the stock rims

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
As long as the modification you do are legal in your state there is nothing the police can do, the moment you put up P plates you become cop bait it happens to all P platers it's just the way it is, good luck with your modification the VT Calais is a nice car and look fantastic with the right mods, I hope other people might be able to help with some modification ideas as this is what you asked for, Goodluck and drive safe.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ cheap modification idea #1; recline seat way back and drive by looking through the dash and steering wheel top. Wearing a sports cap backwards is optional :p

cheap modification idea #2; fluffy dice hanging off mirror... gotta have fluffy dice :p

(just joking... not serious... hope we didn’t scare jake off the site o_O)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
As long as the modification you do are legal in your state there is nothing the police can do, the moment you put up P plates you become cop bait it happens to all P platers it's just the way it is, good luck with your modification the VT Calais is a nice car and look fantastic with the right mods, I hope other people might be able to help with some modification ideas as this is what you asked for, Goodluck and drive safe.

that's is indeed a sad fact that P plater's become instant cop bait , it's not like they were never P platers or young once themselves .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ cheap modification idea #1; recline seat way back and drive by looking through the dash and steering wheel top. Wearing a sports cap backwards is optional :p

cheap modification idea #2; fluffy dice hanging off mirror... gotta have fluffy dice :p

(just joking... not serious... hope we didn’t scare jake off the site o_O)

not forgetting the , DOOF DOOF , on the stereo , and robotic blonde in the shotgun seat .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
not forgetting the , DOOF DOOF , on the stereo , and robotic blonde in the shotgun seat .
Doof doof and especially blonds of any kind are never cheap :p

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i remember back when i was young
cars and girls were expensive
the bigger the tyres and the bigger the boobs the more they cost
sorry for any offence

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i remember back when i was young
cars and girls were expensive
the bigger the tyres and the bigger the boobs the more they cost
sorry for any offence
Was that in the old shagging wagon days or Sandman days.. Did you have that sticker on the back if this car is rocking don't bother knocking;)!!