Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Plate Legal Calais?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Seriously kid the car looks good as is, maybe a boot spoiler, some car seat covers no fluffy dice against the law these days..

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Was that in the old shagging wagon days or Sandman days.. Did you have that sticker on the back if this car is rocking don't bother knocking;)!!
yep, sandman
i had "don't laugh your daughter may be inside"

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore
Thanks to everyone who has given advice and helped me out! I'm so glad to know it's P Plate Legal in SA.

The do's and don't of first time modifications were extremely good to know. (I can promise you won't hear a $3000 subwoofer going off down Adelaide)

I have read up on my vehicle Manuel and still am researching all the time about stuff so I should be completely knowledgeable when I finally get my license. Please feel free to keep this thread open with more comments and ideas as i'll most likely be doing some Modifications soon as the car will be in my driveway soon enough!

Once again, Thanks for all the help and information!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Good luck mate , and welcome to the wonderful world of the Commodore

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@JakeTheUnderageCarGuy, good we didn’t scare you away :)

How about some more details about the car, like kms and service history and it’s general condition (once you get it) ;) picture would be great :cool:

That way forum members could give advise on what maintenance items to consider to get your car running well and how best to detail it so it looks it’s best. After it’s running well and looking good, then you could consider mods :rolleyes:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
@JakeTheUnderageCarGuy, good we didn’t scare you away :)

How about some more details about the car, like kms and service history and it’s general condition (once you get it) ;) picture would be great :cool:

That way forum members could give advise on what maintenance items to consider to get your car running well and how best to detail it so it looks it’s best. After it’s running well and looking good, then you could consider mods :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ one thumbnail of the side of the car is not what I meant Trevor...
engine, interior, exterior shots and some description are more interesting...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As long as the modification you do are legal in your state there is nothing the police can do, the moment you put up P plates you become cop bait it happens to all P platers it's just the way it is, good luck with your modification the VT Calais is a nice car and look fantastic with the right mods, I hope other people might be able to help with some modification ideas as this is what you asked for, Goodluck and drive safe.

Putting p plates on doesn't automatically make you cop bait.....The way you drive and the way the car looks determines whether you are cop bait

PS I know 3 VT commodore owners on P's...All 3 are stock looking and all drive sensibily and the cops don't look twice..

2 have 17" factory mags and the other 16" factory mags