Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Plate VX Commodore - First Car

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Foggies are done! Thank god. Will put some pics up shortly.

666-GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Wow, 2000 for lowering?
I paid like $600 for lowering,camber kit and labour originally then got second hand SL rears springs for $50 and sold my SSL for $50.(rears are piss easy to fit yourself)

666-GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
If you wanna have a look at my thread mate before you lower it. Mine are SL's all round and the back pretty much tuck 16's

When people say 'tuck' they generally mean rim. SL looks stock to me. Especially on 16" rims.
SL only just made it to the tyre on 19's.

I probably have pictures of SSL rears on 17" rims, SL rears on 19" and SSL rears on 19" ... (and then bags on 19")... floating around some where i can find if you want to see the height differences.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
When people say 'tuck' they generally mean rim. SL looks stock to me. Especially on 16" rims.
SL only just made it to the tyre on 19's.

I probably have pictures of SSL rears on 17" rims, SL rears on 19" and SSL rears on 19" ... (and then bags on 19")... floating around some where i can find if you want to see the height differences.

Thats a fair point, Defiantly doesn't look stock tho. The back does tuck the tyre, just.

666-GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Put it in drive,foot on the brake, rev to 2500rpm, pull handbrake up as far as it goes.
INSTANT CAR LOWERING. ;)

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
@Dumpedvs - Cheers, i checked out your ride, looks nice and tidy. Thats super lows all round ay? Thats what i was looking at doing, but the back looks like it sits higher then the front, so ill do the back first

@666-GMH - thanks for your info man! Definatley wont be paying 2k for suspension lol. I will do the rears myself and then look at doing the fronts myself. SSL are Ultra lows yeah? Ive got 18s on mine and looking for the tyre to just tuck so SuperLows should be fine i think

Also LOL @ Put it in drive,foot on the brake, rev to 2500rpm, pull handbrake up as far as it goes.
INSTANT CAR LOWERING.

You could also dump lots of music gear in the boot and back seat lol, but alot of effort lol

666-GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
You could also dump lots of music gear in the boot and back seat lol, but alot of effort lol

Also a good idea. My old sub box weighed 50kg's ish with them in there. Drive around with fat friends always?