Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Plate VX Commodore - First Car

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
I'm guessing you're about my age (20). At our age, there's no bloody hope of getting good deals, just less worse. You location says Inverell, which the middle of no-where, so your premium shouldn't be tooo high. I'm with Allianz, as they are linked with my bank and it's easier to combine the lot. For you, you'll be in an interesting place. As all your mods will be a bitch to actually insure, you may be better just having an agreed value that is high, but of course that'll drive up the premium.

NRMA are useless and will overcharge like nothing else. You can try:
https://www.thebuzzinsurance.com.au/

Newish company, backed by IAG - so you'll be safe.

Others you can try would be Shannons, Allianz like me - they aren't terrible. Don't have experience with many others.

Ok Cheers, im a bit younger - 17, so itll probably be a bit worse. Currently im with JustCar insurance, but the premium for that for comprhensive is above $2000, hence why its only third party property. Out of curioisty how much roughly is your premium? I had a look at the buzz insurance and premium was 1700, so thats getting better.

For example, if the agreed value is 6 grand, and i hit something, smash the front bar and headlights. The insurance company would only pay up to 6000, before its written off? Is that basically how the system works??

Insurance confuses the heck out of me, it was hard enough getting my head around CTP and Rego lol

Will look into Shannons abnd Allianaz
Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ok, my premium with allianz is something like $1500. It gets cheaper mate, but it's understandable that you won't pay 2k+, but given you car is has had a lot of money spent on it, might be worth insuring for full comp if you can.

As for you having a prang. It varies as to what the decision is, they can write it off because it is irreparably damaged (side impact for example damaging the chassis) or write it because it's not economical to do so, examples are hail damage or vandalism or certain crashes where the frame is fine, but there is lots of panel damage. Effectively the company will assess whether they will repair it or write it off.

Buzz are pretty much one of the cheapest, so try them, but they can be expensive if you are in a high risk town.

Insurance is complicated, I won't pretend to understand it, if you have any specific questions, just call up mate - most are pretty helpful... when you are signing up lol.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Ok, my premium with allianz is something like $1500. It gets cheaper mate, but it's understandable that you won't pay 2k+, but given you car is has had a lot of money spent on it, might be worth insuring for full comp if you can.

As for you having a prang. It varies as to what the decision is, they can write it off because it is irreparably damaged (side impact for example damaging the chassis) or write it because it's not economical to do so, examples are hail damage or vandalism or certain crashes where the frame is fine, but there is lots of panel damage. Effectively the company will assess whether they will repair it or write it off.

Buzz are pretty much one of the cheapest, so try them, but they can be expensive if you are in a high risk town.

Insurance is complicated, I won't pretend to understand it, if you have any specific questions, just call up mate - most are pretty helpful... when you are signing up lol.

Ok Cool. Sweet as, awesome. I probably would pay over 2k, but its a lot of coin thats all, but if it saves me in the long run it will be worth it and also the NCB and all that. Ive got another scenario for you :) - if i went with buzz comprehensive, insured my car for 6k but my wheels (valued at 1k) were stolen would that be covered??

Cheers

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Hi Guys

Cv8rs are on and theres a few pics in the main post. I really need to lower it! But cant decide King Vs Pedders, got quoted $2000 with pedders throughout + Labour, camber kit etc. so not sure.

Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ok Cool. Sweet as, awesome. I probably would pay over 2k, but its a lot of coin thats all, but if it saves me in the long run it will be worth it and also the NCB and all that. Ive got another scenario for you :) - if i went with buzz comprehensive, insured my car for 6k but my wheels (valued at 1k) were stolen would that be covered??

Cheers

Not something I can answer mate, you will need to make sure with them. If you want alloys covered, they will need to be named on the policy as such, as far as I am aware. But given your excess is likely to be at least $1000 no matter who you go with, there would be no point claiming it.

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
Nice VX mate.. Especially for a first car..

Do not pay 2g the have it lowered.. Dunno how much a camber kit is worth, but the springs, shocks and labour should not exceed $800..

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
ebay that stuff, get king springs, with lowered monaro shocks plus a camber kit got like 750 or something?

666-GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Sorry i never replied. Uhm, lets just say bags cost a lot more than what it costs to lower it on springs and it's for only half the car/still not legal.
If you want exact prices inbox me.
I find it comfier than SL or SSL's, if you drive around at the right height. Too low is like a jack hammer to the spine and too high is just stupid, nose down makes you a retard.
Main problem is with low profile tyres, 35's are painful.

If it's the way to go is entirely in the eye of the beholder. I love the look of slammed, tucking an inch of rim rocks my world ;) If you're smart you'd probably prefer to be legal with the hate we already get from vic police. (I'm yet to be pulled over with bags) But i always drive at a legal height. just when i park i slam it down.
If i could do it differently, i wouldn't go the faster airlines/solenoids. Slower looks classy, mines fast + cost a bit extra.

Springs are legal/cheap, Bags are illegal (well mine are) and expensive. but their fun as, customers love it, my neighbours loved it, the ladies love it, and my mum hates me (Sorry mum).

Again, eye of the beholder.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
@Matt02SS - Ok cheers, thanks mate. I am looking at fitting the rears myself and possibly the fronts, but yeah the camber kit and possibly bushes and stuff is what Im a little worried about. 2k was scaring me so its good that it will be a bit cheaper and apparently Pedders charges through the earth so that may have been a factor. Never been in a car that is lowered, so im unsure about ride quality etc, and accross spring and shock brands as well. Id say id be pretty safe with the King Springs though cause theyve been around for so long.

@Whitesack07 - Thanks. I did see one on ebay a bit like this: VX COMMODORE SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS & MONROE GT SHOCKS | eBay but they seemed to take the camber kit out for some reason. Thanks mate

@666-GMH - All good man, thanks! Haha i'd hate to know the cost then if 2k scared me lol. Theres just something about being able to change the height thats freakin cool and its just mad, especially being able to drop it on it's guts but still raise the height to be legal. lol. Lol at 'the ladies love it'. Cheers for the info man, will more than likely chuck some springs in it rather than the bags.

Not sure wether to go Lows in the front and Supers in the back or supers all around :/

Chucked a few more pics up in the first post