Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

p plater driving with legs out window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
398208-driver.jpg

POLICE have given a rogue P-plater photographed hurtling down a Melbourne freeway with both legs outside the driver's window a day to turn himself in.

Shocked motorists snapped the “ludicrous” Volkswagen golf driver literally putting his feet up as he cruised down the Eastern Freeway, near the Blackburn Rd off-ramp about 7am on Christmas Eve.

Inspector Bernie Rankin from the Major Collision Investigation Unit said police knew who the owner of the car was and would be hunting him down if he didn’t front a police station today.

“This young man, his behaviour without any further examination is conduct endangering life – that’s a very serious criminal charge,” Insp Rankin said.

“You might be thinking its funny or it might be a joke, or you might be showing off in front of your friends, but at the end of the day if you hurt someone or if someone sees what your doing - of course records it and, of course with mobile phones, cameras people are sending this sort of stuff into us all the time - so just remember that.”

Motorist Stewart (last name withheld) from Heathmont photographed the driver of the black Volkswagen speeding down the Eastern Fwy on Monday morning.

“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I thought: if his right foot’s outside the window, how is he accelerating? Then I saw both feet out of the window and I thought: bloody hell,” Stewart said.

He said he saw the driver travelling over the speed limit before he pulled up next to the packed car, when the driver pulled his feet in just before the EastLink tunnel.

“He looked very young. This guy’s a risk to my safety. I don’t want to share the road with people like that,” Stewart said.

Insp Rankin said police were expecting to interview the driver soon.

“The local police will be following this matter up, and what I’d encourage the driver of that vehicle to do - his vehicle and his images have already been on the media - I’d suggest he walk into his local police station and speak to us, because we’re certainly in the situation where we know who is in charge of the vehicle.

“We’ll certainly be knocking on his door if he doesn’t present himself today at some stage.”

The motorist’s legless driver isn’t the only example of reckless behaviour on Victoria’s roads this holiday season.

A woman was photographed reading a book while doing 100km/h on the Monash Freeway last week.

“This is a constant in your face reminder that there are people our there who just don’t listen and don’t really obey the law,” Insp Rankin said.

“We’re really horrified with the toll: five dead since Sunday. All of them…avoidable collisions and, really, if we don’t slow down and start doing the right thing this is going to be a horrendous Christmas-New Year period for us.

We’ve got to really get the message out there people have just got to slow down.”

Insp Rankin said the man “selfish behaviour” meant he would be unable to control his vehicle in case of an emergency.

“Assuming he was on cruise control – which is an assumption – he couldn’t brake, he couldn’t stop the vehicle; he’d even have difficulty turning the wheel, so absolutely ludicrous behaviour.”

Typical cops "hand yourself in or we will chase you down"

Im not even convinced they are the drivers legs

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
you would have to be blind to think those limbs are anything but legs.

the driver is a idiot, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

arguecat.png

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA i seriously LOL'd hard irl

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Im not even convinced they are the drivers legs

you would have to be blind to think those limbs are anything but legs.

the driver is a idiot, I hope he gets what's coming to him.
I think, I may be wrong though, that TVR is suggesting they are the legs of the passenger. It is possible if he is tall enough.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
the angle of the legs out the window make it look more like the passengers to me. Just in relation to his arm and how he is sitting.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Anyone else think its a bit hypocritical there the photograph was taken from a speeding vehicle and by the angle of the shot probably by the driver. Instead of one dangerous motorist there were two.

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Anyone else think its a bit hypocritical there the photograph was taken from a speeding vehicle and by the angle of the shot probably by the driver. Instead of one dangerous motorist there were two.
The photo angle is from the passenger side, it's to close to the rego sticker to be from the drivers side.

Status
Not open for further replies.