Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plater section

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Then if they do search and post in the thread they find they are crucified for digging up an old thread and then if they start a new thread on the same stupid topic they are flamed for that as well.

No one crucifies them if it is still on topic. But when someone digs an old thread and makes some generic comment that doesn't seek or provide further information then they get told to check the date.

Again you fail to see the number of threads created in the wrong sections in the moderator queue that have to be moved and approved daily. People simply don't bother to read any rules or lurk for a bit to get the feel of the forum and where their question(s) best belong.

Today for instance I moved out of the news thread (quite common as it is the first section on the forum) a thread asking how to modify something. Just why!!

It's like walking into someone's home and doing a pooh in their lounge because you can't be bothered finding the toilet.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
It's like walking into someone's home and doing a pooh in their lounge because you can't be bothered finding the toilet.

lol Well put Clair

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
edit: another option maybe to set up a JC FAQ and link this in the sign up procedure or notices.

+1 on this idea.

Since we're specifically talking about P platers I'm going to say it's because they're used to Facebook so much.

I've managed to Search JC and find answers to my questions so far and I've put them in my 'followed threads' so I can find them later when I need them. I've had my licence for 30 years so I'm old enough to use my own initiative to find out how things work instead of "Zup peeps' tl me wat........ etc.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
probably on the come downs by now...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok - the complete P plate FAQ

Q. How do I make my eco/alloytec sound like a V8?
A. You can't. Get a V8

Q. How do I legally get more power out of my eco/alloytc
A. You can't

Q. I just got busted trying to break the land speed record down the M1. The police got the time 15min wrong on the ticket - can I get out of it?
A. No

Q. Why not?
A. Coz you are a douche

Q. Does metallic blue/green/red look good on the silver bits of my VT interior?
A. No

Q. I'm modding my Eco/Alloytech to be different
A. No probs - just like all the rest who mod their Eco/Alloytech

Q. Where can I get suspension that will give me a nice ride, handle great, not scrape speed bumps and still be dumpt to the weeds?
A. Unicorn's mythical speed shop

Q. If I fill my eco with wood will it go faster?
A. Some say it will

Q. I've pumped $17k into my stroked L67 but my mates cammed LS1 that cost about 1/3 was just as quick
A. Well you wanted to be different....

Q. I pulled off some of my mufflers/resonators and got done because my car is too loud. How to I make it quiet enough so the police won't notice but loud enough that everybody else will?
A. Unicorn's mythical speed shop

Q. How do I get a 12 second 1/4 mile but I still want good fuel economy coz I'm only a 2nd year
A. Go buy a VP V6 Commodore - fastest thing on wheels as long as it has a P plate showing

Q. My stock as a rock VP V6 used to beat everything on the road but now it's not even close. Why?
A. Your P plate fell down

Q. Why is my V6 VN sooo much faster than every other car on the road? I think it used to be an Ex Police general duties patrol car
A. Cop chip.

Q. How many more rwkw will I get from doing the bellmouth mod on my VN?
A. More than you could ever imagine. Matter of fact you just gained 15rwkw by just thinking about it

Q. So I came around a corner at somewhere between the speed of sound and light but somebody had left ice and oil over the road and I skidded off into the gutter. Clearly it wasn't my fault but now the wheels are all bent and pointing at crazy angles. Do you think if I pumped up the tires everything will be ok?
A. Everybody has to have a dream

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice one reap but you forgot the unicorn cop chip Q.