Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Platers

Which city in Australia has the worst drivers?

• Adelaide

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Perth

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 44 42.3%

• Total voters
J

jetv6

It seems that every driver on their full license believes that P-Platers are complete ********s and should be banned from road use because they create a dangerous environment for other drivers. This amounts to alot of pressure on inexperienced provisional license holders because of the expectation that they must drive as well as everyone else and sensibly aswell. It also seems the problem with younger drivers comes across as immaturity and irresponsable behaviour but this is not the case. I can justify these statements because I am in fact a stereotypical P-Plater behind the wheel of a VS Acclaim. Because the problem is not actually immaturity but inexperience. You see it's just like males about to have sex for the first time, they think they are automatically "sex gods" but the sad truth is they aren't. When they get behind the wheel of a car they automatically think, "You know what, I'm Craig Lowndes". But like in the previous case they're far from it, and just like during sex when they think they're top because you're pleasing her, she's faking it and thinking, "...When is this going to end." Much like other drivers are thinking... When will they get over this "I think I'm a race driver" phase and start driving sensibly? But the same goes, to please a woman you need experience, to become a good driver has the same fundamentals. So will everyone get off the "Hating P-Platers" bandwagon and treat them for what they really are: Learner's without a supervisor. Leave any offences they commit to the Police and give them some room because we are learning and we do need the experience to become the drivers you want us to be.
Cheers,
Junior

J

jetv6

By the way, sorry I accidentally posted it twice one with poll one without, this is the thread and I'm sure the moderators will clean up the other one.

:thumbsup:

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
ummm, this poll sucks

where is darwin, hobart and canberra.

if you are originally from america, i apologise, you wouldnt' have realised there is more to australia than those cities. if you aren't from america, what's the excuse?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I can't even choose because I don't live in any of them, even if I was in brisbane i wouldn't know what the others were like.

J

jetv6

vh-holden said:
ummm, this poll sucks

where is darwin, hobart and canberra.

if you are originally from america, i apologise, you wouldnt' have realised there is more to australia than those cities. if you aren't from america, what's the excuse?

No excuse. Are you from Tasmania, Hobart, Canberra? My guess is you want to pick out something in this thread to start up some ****. If thats the case then make your vote and get out of here, this is a discussion not a suggestion board. So if it sucks so much then why post here.
Goodbye

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
jetv6 said:
No excuse. Are you from Tasmania, Hobart, Canberra? My guess is you want to pick out something in this thread to start up some ****. If thats the case then make your vote and get out of here, this is a discussion not a suggestion board. So if it sucks so much then why post here.
Goodbye

i'm from darwin. i wanted to vote for them as the worst drivers, but you didn't give me the option.

i think i have fair grounds for placing a vote for darwin. in the last 3 days i have seen

3 or 4 car crashes

numerous people on mobile phones while driving and
failing to indicate. also failing to drive come to think of it.

i had two vehicles try to pull out in front of me from the same driveway in the space of an hour.

not bad for a city with 100,000 people.

now please, can i vote for darwin?

B

Baritji

Wouldnt it have been better to ask which states have the worst drivers? I fail to believe that someone with your views on P Platers is stupid and ignorant enough to think that all members live in one of the above cities.

Anyway, I rekon NT have the worst drivers. I usually start driving to work at about 4am, when it is still pitch black. Only about 80percent of cars have their lights on!! Most people never turn their lights on in the rain, most people don't indicate, almost everyone sits in the right lane 20km/h below the speed limit, most people tailgate and overtake on doublelines at very excessive speeds!!! Most people don't even know how to use roundabouts, ESPECIALLY police. If I had 10c for every car Ive seen repeatedley cross lanes in a round about, I would be a VERY rich man! Also, I have very rarely seen someone that is capable of driving without swerving all over the lane, and in some cases, swerving into the next lane! I have seen 4 cars sideswiped by ******** drivers like that since the end of March.

Yesterday. I had a soccer mum in a RAV 4 drive next to me on the wrong side of the road, with her window open screaming at me. Apparrently I drive like an old Grandma because I drive on the speed limit! Scarily, she had no control of the car and actually managed to scrape some paint off my side mirrors. I just threw it in 3rd and took off, leaving that bitch pretty far behind! Needless to say, I have already been in contact with the police.

Cheers :)

J

jetv6

Baritji said:
Wouldnt it have been better to ask which states have the worst drivers? I fail to believe that someone with your views on P Platers is stupid and ignorant enough to think that all members live in one of the above cities.

Anyway, I rekon NT have the worst drivers. I usually start driving to work at about 4am, when it is still pitch black. Only about 80percent of cars have their lights on!! Most people never turn their lights on in the rain, most people don't indicate, almost everyone sits in the right lane 20km/h below the speed limit, most people tailgate and overtake on doublelines at very excessive speeds!!! Most people don't even know how to use roundabouts, ESPECIALLY police. If I had 10c for every car Ive seen repeatedley cross lanes in a round about, I would be a VERY rich man! Also, I have very rarely seen someone that is capable of driving without swerving all over the lane, and in some cases, swerving into the next lane! I have seen 4 cars sideswiped by ******** drivers like that since the end of March.

Yesterday. I had a soccer mum in a RAV 4 drive next to me on the wrong side of the road, with her window open screaming at me. Apparrently I drive like an old Grandma because I drive on the speed limit! Scarily, she had no control of the car and actually managed to scrape some paint off my side mirrors. I just threw it in 3rd and took off, leaving that bitch pretty far behind! Needless to say, I have already been in contact with the police.

Cheers :)

Thanks for the input, I'm a new member and I shouldn't be causing any trouble but I've already managed to so I apologize for that. I'll fix the problem immediately.

:thumbsup: