Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Platers

Which city in Australia has the worst drivers?

• Adelaide

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Perth

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 44 42.3%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ssute57l said:
Im sick of all you Melbournians comming to sydney and stuffing our traffic,
You can keep your silly idea of hook turns (turning right from the left lane)WTF!!!!! Yes i know you have trams, but pull in right lane to turn right and the left lane to turn left and go straight, why choke up the left lanes.
What i do like is in some places the road is divided in the same direction and gives you heaps of chicane practice,
Oh i love driving in Melbourne with NSW plates and ignoring the silly hook turns!!!! Cant wait to be pulled over and say i didn't know,"WHAT YOU TURN RIGHT FROM THE LEFT LANE".

:rofl: hook turns are a joke...seriously..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
ROFL sydney drivers suck!

Hook turns in melb are a piece of cake,

Cheers
MaT

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Hace a look at

www.idiotdriver.com.au

i think vic has the worst drivers and/or whingers aswell.
Go to stats on top right of screen and look at the figures.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Being a Melbournian, I might get burnt for this, but gees I hate trams! Sure, they're great for public transport, but the biggest pain in the arse for motorists. And with the current state government's plans to make people take public transport or ride bikes, it's going to make city driving hell.

I reckon they should just replace it with a bus service....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
newo said:
Being a Melbournian, I might get burnt for this, but gees I hate trams! Sure, they're great for public transport, but the biggest pain in the arse for motorists. And with the current state government's plans to make people take public transport or ride bikes, it's going to make city driving hell.

I reckon they should just replace it with a bus service....

Yeah trams are a pain in the arse, but so are buses, so where do you go with it all :(

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
betts said:
i am also a p plater and i believe we are branded with a certain image. just the other night i was driving home from the park with my girlfriend (there were hardly any cars on the road). i was driving down a main road with 2 lanes ( i was in the left) and i could see in my rear view mirror a VT commodore coming up behind me in the right hand lane ( i was in the left). he overtook me and pulled in front of me leaving about 2 metres between us, and suddenly slowed down very fast and turned left into a driveway. i proceeded to brake very fast but i had to swerve into the right hand lane without enough time to check my indicators. the main road was a 70km/ph zone and i was doing 70. i think if i had not swerved and ran straight into the back of him i would have totalled my car. i actually think that he did it on purpose to try and claim insurance off me. how would it look to the authorities? a p plater ramming someone from behind late on a saturday night? i do drive dangerously sometimes but i always make sure nobody is around, and if i do make a mistake the only person i can hurt is myself. but i believe it's all part of a learning experience to make yourself a better and more confident driver. i just had to say my say. cheers for reading

I feel your pain, buster. That's how I totalled my first car. Some goon flew past me, cut infront of my car, soared off down the road at 80, merged right infront of moving traffic, and nailed the clamps to turn right at a no-right-turn sign. The car behind him swerved left to avoid an indicent, t-boned the car in front of me, and I aquaplaned down the hill into the pileup ahead. I was twice the safe distance away (always am in the wet), and doing less than 60, but what can you do when the car ahead hits the kerb and stops instantly?

Needless to say I was up for the $1400 insurance excess, because I hit someone in the back, making most of the crash my fault.

ahh the days :rofl:

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
exactly, thats what pissed me off the most. if i had hit him from behind i would have had to pay almost all the money because it was me who had hit him from behind, obviously making it my fault. this kinda thing just frusturates me. im no angel but to deliberately pull in front of someone and slow down really fast is just plain stupid and very dangerous. i dunno it just really shits me.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I don't have an issue with all 'P' platers but when you get cars racing up and down your street all night and all the cars involved are 'P' plater cars then you can understand how such judgements get passed.

I think there's a lot more idiots on the roads everywhere nowadays and every state / terroritory has it's fair share of these idiots.

Some of these so called 'professional drivers' are also a danger on the roads, who else on this forum actually checks the condition of a taxi's tyres before they hop into the taxi ?

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Where's the New Zealand citys? Maybe we should start one for there as I know that some of the worst drivers in the world come from a place called Palmerston North over here.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
crazyspoon05 said:
I don't have an issue with all 'P' platers but when you get cars racing up and down your street all night and all the cars involved are 'P' plater cars then you can understand how such judgements get passed.

I think there's a lot more idiots on the roads everywhere nowadays and every state / terroritory has it's fair share of these idiots.

Some of these so called 'professional drivers' are also a danger on the roads, who else on this forum actually checks the condition of a taxi's tyres before they hop into the taxi ?

i try not to get into taxi's, those indian drivers scare me :p