Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Platers

Which city in Australia has the worst drivers?

• Adelaide

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Perth

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 44 42.3%

• Total voters

GLD-086

Reaction score
crazyspoon05 said:
I don't have an issue with all 'P' platers but when you get cars racing up and down your street all night and all the cars involved are 'P' plater cars then you can understand how such judgements get passed.

I think there's a lot more idiots on the roads everywhere nowadays and every state / terroritory has it's fair share of these idiots.

Some of these so called 'professional drivers' are also a danger on the roads, who else on this forum actually checks the condition of a taxi's tyres before they hop into the taxi ?

I have to slightly disagree with that.

Lately I've been seeing alot of full licenced drivers, acting like tools on the road.

Just a few weeks ago, it was raining and this dude in a BMW, of all things, was fishtailing it up the street and he wasn't a P Plater.

Being a P Plater I often get tailgated and get somewhat abused by ignorant full licenced drivers and I think that's because I wear green P Plates, so they see me as a idiot, when I'm not.

The only reason P Platers get generalised as hoons, is because we have to wear P Plates to identify us from other drivers. If we didn't have to, no one would know who's who and P Platers wouldn't get un-fair generalisations.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
GLD-086 said:
I have to slightly disagree with that.

Lately I've been seeing alot of full licenced drivers, acting like tools on the road.

Just a few weeks ago, it was raining and this dude in a BMW, of all things, was fishtailing it up the street and he wasn't a P Plater.

Being a P Plater I often get tailgated and get somewhat abused by ignorant full licenced drivers and I think that's because I wear green P Plates, so they see me as a idiot, when I'm not.

The only reason P Platers get generalised as hoons, is because we have to wear P Plates to identify us from other drivers. If we didn't have to, no one would know who's who and P Platers wouldn't get un-fair generalisations.

That is why it is better to not wear P Plates. Seriously though, how many middle aged men do you see driving like idiots in suburban areas?
Its mainly our age group under 30 who do it.

GLD-086

Reaction score
minux said:
That is why it is better to not wear P Plates. Seriously though, how many middle aged men do you see driving like idiots in suburban areas?
Its mainly our age group under 30 who do it.

It's actually pretty mixed, where I live.

Whenever I see some idiot on the road, around here, it isn't always a P Plater.

Maturity plays a factor and some, I stress SOME!!!!! middle aged drivers act like 17 year old P Platers.

I said earlier in this thread, that my uncle and my dad (Mainly my uncle) are more hoonish then me.

Yet I'm the one who cops the stereotype of being a hoon, when I'm not. I'm no angel behind the wheel, but I'm no where near as bad as alot of other drivers, but I feel un-comfortable driving my car sometimes, when people look at me as if I'm the biggest c**khead on the face of the earth. Yet they don't realise I actually spend more time trying not to get my car damaged, instead going out and doing burnouts in the middle of the street.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Unfortunately in my neighbourhood the only drivers who use the streets as their own race track are all 'P' platers, not middle aged chaps in BMW's

A couple of weeks ago we had a 'P' plater hit a fence and he had the gall to say he wasn't speeding, despite the squealing tyres and tyre marks showing he had locked up way further down the road

I never said that all 'P' platers are irresponsible tools and obviously some of them are trying their best to obey all the rules, etc and gain experience but a lot of them do need a good kick up the A$@$