Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P0335 code after new sensor

Riley17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series1 ss l98
Gday boys havin a bit of an issue with my ve ss L98 and was hoping to get some help
So the car went into limp mode because the crank sensor wires rubbed on my extractors and melted em causing it to arc out and throw a p0335 code so I fixed the wires and changed the sensor only for it to then crank but not kick over I’ve looked at everything to make sure when it arced out it didn’t blow anything else like the fuses and the ecu and even changed the cam sensor but still won’t start and I’m thinking I have to re learn the sensor but in order to do that I have to get it up to operating temperatures so any help would be amazing boys

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Nothing to re-learn you still have an issue with the wiring as the sensor wire is either shorted to ground or power or you have fitted the wrong crank sensor or your ECU has died.
I would check that wiring really carefully as when copper wiring heats it can melt the cover and fuse together further up the wire.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I would be more inclined to get a scanner on to it first,
and see what is happening behind the scenes,
Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and try again.