Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P0420 P0089 P0300 P0301

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Hi guys here i have 2009 SV6 LLT timing chains was replaced about 500ks ago, every now and then the car throws p0420 so i clear it straight away, the other day was driving along the high ways and the car went nuts! shaking along with loss of power and low power mode msg engine lights flashing unburned fuel etc… Luckily i had my scanner with me so did a scan and came up misfire codes P0300 P0301 P0303, cleared the codes and kept driving and suddenly car went back to normal.

Monitored the car for awhile and still good apart from p0420 which comes every couple days or so. Today was driving the car and got low power mode msg and engine light flashing, Codes logged are P0089 P0300 P301 along with a thick white smoke and unburned fuel smell.
Now i know the codes are all from the same bank which B1 driver side and i know they are all runs through connector, I plugged the scanner to read some data please have a look at the photos below. the question is Is it loose connector? What should i look for? any of you guys had the same issue? Any suggestions? would be great! TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 81

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi guys here i have 2009 SV6 LLT timing chains was replaced about 500ks ago, every now and then the car throws p0420 so i clear it straight away, the other day was driving along the high ways and the car went nuts! shaking along with loss of power and low power mode msg engine lights flashing unburned fuel etc… Luckily i had my scanner with me so did a scan and came up misfire codes P0300 P0301 P0303, cleared the codes and kept driving and suddenly car went back to normal.

Monitored the car for awhile and still good apart from p0420 which comes every couple days or so. Today was driving the car and got low power mode msg and engine light flashing, Codes logged are P0089 P0300 P301 along with a thick white smoke and unburned fuel smell.
Now i know the codes are all from the same bank which B1 driver side and i know they are all runs through connector, I plugged the scanner to read some data please have a look at the photos below. the question is Is it loose connector? What should i look for? any of you guys had the same issue? Any suggestions? would be great! TIA
Going by the miss counts !
It wasn't happy at all, especially being all on bank 1,
if it was fuel, one would have thought it would have effected bank 1 & 2. :rolleyes:

You have a Autel ?

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
On the Adventra, I had, which it appeared a miss last week,
But when I put the scanner on, it didn't trigger a cylinder miss DTC,

But a "P1013 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Park Position Bank 2"

It appears to be related to the Bank 2 inlet Camshaft actuator unit,
As another member mentioned, the Bank 2 intake actuator possibly blocked, which I recon he was on the money,

But figured, better check a few other items as follows -
Removed the IM,
Remove the Coils, they were still new,
Removed the plugs, they are still in new condition, cleaned them, and re-gap’d them
(iridium plugs installed 38,000k’s ago)
Removed injectors, gave them a blast with air, (while connected to 9 volt battery) (they still looked new)
Gave the fuel rail a blast with air,

Replaced Bank 2 Intake actuator,
Cleaned the TB, (as that was fairly clean anyway),
Put it all back together,

Road tested it, and drove perfectly,

I had noticed the average was approx. 13.4L/100k'm
But Its now running at approx. 12.2L/100k'm.