Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint chips

trav-p

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina sportswagon
alright guys, i know this has been posted a million times before but,

yesterday i was polishing my car and saw a spot on the door where 4wd door has hit it, the previous owner has got one of those paint pens for the touch up and used way too much and has run down about an inch further than where the scratch is, its not just on the door, its all over the place. and once its seen it cannot be unseen and is doing my head in knowing its there.

is there anyway just to get rid of this excess dribble with out ruining the paint around it? the car is PHANTOM BLACK if that makes any difference.

cheers guys.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
No answer but mine's similar. Dark blue with globs of paint pen over deep scratches. Worst is on the roof but near the side. Maybe don't put a fridge (or whatever) on the roof !

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
machine polish.

but even then you will obviously effect the surrounding area so.....

TAS1981

Reaction score
On my old mx-5 I touched in about 60 paint chips, rubbed them smooth with 2000 grit then machine polished the whole front bumper, it probably had about a 75% improvement but took ages. If you only have a couple of spots and the paint is done ok then you could have a crack.

Plenty of guides on YouTube.