Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painted VT dash fashia

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Wow, talk about getting off track! Back to the painted dash - did you do anything to assist the paint adhering to the surface? maybe sand it first or use some of that sticky stuff to help the paint? It would look terrible if the paint were to start flaking off after a bit, but I wouldn't mind painting mine the same colour as the car.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Sorry Longman, just to update, got quotes from Holden, $15 each globe(x3) for lcd area and $10 each (x3) for the area around temp.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
I am planning on changing every green globe in the interior of my VT to blue globes

How many globes would i need to do this? Cluster, climate control, trip computer switch, foot wells, anywhere else i am missing.

What size are the globes that i need?

Where can i get them?

Any help would be great for me and others thinking about this.

Last edited:

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
don't waste your money with globes. Go LED's, they won't break/blow as easy as the globes and are more brighter. Look up "blue LED dash conversion" (by 'Spyder' i think) for a comprehensive guide on how to do the job and how much it will cost you.
I'll start you off by saying that some electronics stores whom i can't name in this forum sell LED's and the resistors needed for the job.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
I wouldn't have a clue on how to do the LED conversion and i'm not looking to spend too much money on it either. If anyone can help me with these questions it would be great.

How many globes would i need to do this? Cluster, climate control, trip computer switch, foot wells, and anywhere else i am missing.

What size are the globes that i need?

Where can i get them?

emilysmum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
Wow the prices have gone up i bought 1 globe from Holden in 2012 and there now $25