Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Panther's Wicked VS

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Hey all!
I've been lurking around these forums for ages now, reading and learning as much as i can about our fantastic cars and i figured its about time for me to show mine off.
Hell, some of you have probably helped create her in your own way from some of your posts!

So i picked her up 4 years ago for $3.2k, pretty damn good looking, all panels straight and all bits factory. It was a great canvas to start on!
Hope you all like her in one way or another.

Anyways, The Car:

Name: n/a
Model: 1996 VS
Colour: White
Engine Type: ecotec 6
Engine Mods: OTR CAI, 2.5" catback, rrz
Power: Couldn't pull ya eye-lids open...
Exhaust: 2.5" catback, exiting oval 3" tip
Gearbox: Rebuilt Auto with stg2 shift kit
Diff: Open
Brakes: DBA all round,
Suspension: Pedders sports all round
Wheels/Tyres: Holden VE SV6 wrapped in cheap but bloody grippy rubber! hubs and calipers painted black and blue
Bodykit: Stock
Exterior: white, deleted trolley strips, chrome window trim, clear indicators, calais tail lights,
Interior: vx calais s3 (?) seats all round, vs statesman dash, Momo race steering wheel, blue dash mod, new bright blue interor light, chrome window strips, chrome handles
Stereo: Pioneer deck, Clarion splits front, pioneer 6x9's in the rear running off an old amp, with 2x12" us audio subs in ported box running off USC 500w monoblock
Build Period : On and off since I bought her. Seriously not a clue how many hours over the years.
Cost: $3200 for the car + building it as sensably as possible

Future Mods: *deep breath* Green = done Orange = getting it ready Red = Not yet
VS Statesman dash - done!
VS Statesman door cards
VS Statesman console

ss kit - got most of a genuine kit waiting-damn front lip!
VS Calais s2 trolley strips
Chrome interior handles
Chrome exterior handles
extractors - pacies
Mace plenum spacer 12mm
Mace manifold insulator 24mm
& finally... A TUNE!

Sorry about the nighttime pics as attachments, i'll grab some better shots in the next few days and set up a photo hosting page somewhere.

Hope you like her!

Attachments

• DSC00780.JPG
    DSC00780.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC00766.JPG
    DSC00766.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC00758.JPG
    DSC00758.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00755.JPG
    DSC00755.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Yeah mate, looking at either a bob-tail or taking it back to bare boot. I'm unsure which way to go at the moment.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
SS kit and boot lip spoiler would look sick on it mate.

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Yeah, thats what i'm thinking.
Just running around like a mad bastard trying to get the last bits and peices together for a statesman dash and climate control conversion shortly.
I reckon the SS kit and bobtail spoiler will set it off, just gotta finish one thing to move to the next.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
will be great dude, when you go look for a center console get a SIII statesman console and lid, they have hidden cup holders.

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
So, a little update:
The Statesman dash is in, currently running the lv2 cluster. It was kind of thrown in to get the car mobile and out of the garage. Garage space is freaking precious around here.
I'm holding off on going too much further without a climate control HVAC box to replace my shitty manual heater core, i dont want to put everything in to pull it all back out in 3 weeks when i finally find one.

On that note, anyone in the eastern suburbs of melb. with a working C.C. HVAC box, feel free to drop me a P.M.

I'll post some pics up when i get home tonight.

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
so the rear bumper was looking pretty average.. so i painted it!
Iv never used a spray gun before in my life, however iv picked up cans in the past.
a bit of prep work and its looking awesome! anyone thinking about spraying something, my advise is DO IT! Ull be laughing!
Mirrors are to be painted next, whenever i get around to it.
I also picked up a new boot, so the spoiler is now gone! its also got a white garnish and wow it looks cleaner!
The chrome interior handles have all gone in, pretty classy!