Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PaRaDoX's MA71 Manual Turbo Targa Supra

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Awesome i love the sound of a boosted i6. I need to boost up my xr6t

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Awesome i love the sound of a boosted i6. I need to boost up my xr6t

Yeah its great fun but no good as a daily, in the wet or as a comfortable car at all...So pretty much a typical sports car.

Its back in the shed till it can get to the tuners, i suspect its leaning out under high boost low rpm conditions. I'd rather get it to the tuners to confirm its %100 before driving it again which wont be for a few months.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
you say you normally run it on 20psi?
is that safe for the motor for daily runs?

sure, if the tune is right then there is no risk of engine damage. the bottom ends of most inline 6's are well designed. I havn't really looked at my car in the last few months other than start it up every few weeks and let it warm up. started a new job and havn't had the time or money just yet to fix it up. should happen after new years some time.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
well i've started work again on the car after a much needed 2 month break! in the meantime i bought my self a MY06 STI liberty gt as a daily driver and i'm selling the verada :)

Replacing the engine mounts currently with the proper ones and cutting up piping to finish my intercooler piping! as soon as its all done i'll book it back into be tuned properly. Currently cold start is painful, its over fueling and i cant run it any leaner because the the car wants to stall. It could be a result of the small gapping i run to avoid spark blowout or a combination of things such as my idle valve isnt set up correctly and fuel adjustment needs to be zero'd in. either way ill get my tuner to fix up these items :) once its warm the car drives like factory (except ALOT faster)

Another thing that has been on my mind is suspension. I've been thinking this for a while but only decided recently. I'll be ditching the TEMS system and installing Adjustable height/dampening rate coil overs (probably TIEN or something) additionally i'll be fitting wider rubber to the car as the car doesn't quiet go round corners like it should compared to other supra's ive been in. Stay posted. I think I'm nearly done building this car. Just aswell i guess. after that time to buy a house :p

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Replaced upper intercooler piping :)

Big thanks to luke for welding my pipes together for me!

17be0bde.jpg

18d953c4.jpg

9173b581.jpg

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
does this have w58 box? how do they handle power?