Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part information

Corkyg78

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Holden Commodore SV6 z-series wagon
I didn’t see any rust on mine until I was removing the accelerator pedal mount. I was already on my way to removing the HVAC.

You won’t get that registered with rust there. It’s dangerous because that plate is the mount for the vehicle controls.
Ok, so took it to my old Holden dealership here, as they still do repairs on the Holden, and they confirm rust on the pedal plate and outer bracket… no parts available. So, as you said, I need to find those 2 parts from a wreckers and fix them so they won’t rust….
Quoted price to fit them is under $1500, which I am happy about.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That is a remarkable price!!!

Corkyg78

Reaction score
Members Ride
That is a remarkable price!!!
Ahh also, is there a bracket that attaches to the pedal plate? My photo and the guys at the shop seem to think there is… or the does the pedal plate just have a layered look?

Corkyg78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh also, is there a bracket that attaches to the pedal plate? My photo and the guys at the shop seem to think there is… or the does the pedal plate just have a layered look?
So got lucky and a guy managed to source me a brand new pedal plate… any suggestions on what I can do to stop it rusting so quick??

Attachments

• IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 44

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So got lucky and a guy managed to source me a brand new pedal plate… any suggestions on what I can do to stop it rusting so quick??
I taped over the new sealant foam that is on the edge. Then scuffed it all. Painted in etch primer, then cold galv. I used PPG black cold galv. Get it from Hammerbarn sold as KillRust brand in a can.

Corkyg78

Reaction score
Members Ride
I taped over the new sealant foam that is on the edge. Then scuffed it all. Painted in etch primer, then cold galv. I used PPG black cold galv. Get it from Hammerbarn sold as KillRust brand in a can.
Cook thanks, will do that too

Corkyg78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car currently in the shop… brake booster and master cylinder both rusty and parts on order… another $1300… parts up to $1800 now