Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part-time Job in Melbourne?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
you do put up with wankers, believe it or not.... i finish work at 11pm and the worst wankers are at about 8-9ish.... and dont worry about the smell of beer being on you, it doesnt happen unless
1. your next to a intoxicated person for hours and there breathing on you (which you should of refused them sale anyway, so it wont happen)
2. you/someone else bust a can of beer when its going in/out of the fridge, and it usually doesn't smell for long :)

thing about retail is, some days you get 90% good people..... other days you might get 90% pure wankers...... unpredictable lol

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
a few things ive noted, im by all means not a union boy in fact i dont like them much at all,

but generally businesses that have union attachments have a little better pay - apparently

after 10pm woolworths has 50% loading, im 18 and getting 20.50 on sunday morning.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Mate, how old are ya and where is that?

Im seriously in need of a higher paying job...

im 17...

I'm 24. Just a forklift driver. I've been doing it since i was 17, the highest i got paid was $33 an hour flat rate, for 12 hour shifts.

Where i am now is by far the best paid in the counrty (even the same company pays better here than interstate). No there not any jobs going. But get a forklift license, and you'l' increase your chances of a higher paying job.

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais
after 10pm woolworths has 50% loading, im 18 and getting 20.50 on sunday morning.

Thats only partially true. its 30% after 10pm on saturdays (all day is normal rates), sundays is 50% except after 9pm its 100%.

I recommend working part-time for Woolies, like i do, they pay good, and are very flexible (at my store) towards, uni classes & exams and even sporting commitments.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Agreed, i did casual work at Safeways at one point, was on 20 something from 10 til 12, then 25 something then on during the week. Saturday nights/Sunday mornings were 25ish til 12 then 30 something til 6am. Really good money.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
100% loading for me for any hours outside of mon-fri, 6am-6pm :) Though the first two hours is only 50%, except on Sundays.

Love the EBA I work under.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Thats only partially true. its 30% after 10pm on saturdays (all day is normal rates), sundays is 50% except after 9pm its 100%.

I recommend working part-time for Woolies, like i do, they pay good, and are very flexible (at my store) towards, uni classes & exams and even sporting commitments.

ah well, i was close thats how it was before the last agreement change or whatever it is,

i got my return letter back from a job i applied for the other day saying im in the running, so fingers crossed ill have 3 jobs soon haha