Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PCV inside the manifold/baffle under it which way does it go it?

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Sounds like the spark is breaking down under load, might be plugs, leads or coils. Is it engine or Transmission kind of surge.

Hi Trevor, Plugs replaced a few weeks ago and I did check the leads with a multimeter and all good but have not looked in the dark to see if any are arcing.

Feels like engine also the coils still are numbered so original I guess?

Mate coming over on Saturday and he has a spare DFI and coils so I will test them and put them on for a try..

Thanks..

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Hi Trevor, Plugs replaced a few weeks ago and I did check the leads with a multimeter and all good but have not looked in the dark to see if any are arcing.

Feels like engine also the coils still are numbered so original I guess?

Mate coming over on Saturday and he has a spare DFI and coils so I will test them and put them on for a try..

Thanks..

Well mate never showed and I just tested the coils and the reading of 6000 ohms between coil posts and the under side of the coils I get .002 on all coils.

I'm going to his place tonight to get the DFI and coil packs from him..

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Well mate never showed and I just tested the coils and the reading of 6000 ohms between coil posts and the under side of the coils I get .002 on all coils.

I'm going to his place tonight to get the DFI and coil packs from him..

OK I have 3 DFI modules and 6 coils, I checked every coil and all very close to mine so I swapped 1 DFI module and 3 coils

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Tested up my usual hill and all is great;)
Even plugged the laptop in and got some fuel trims and 02 senor reading etc..

Also when I got back I looked in the dark to see if any Leads are arcing after giving them a spray of water in misting bottle all good.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Thank you;)

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Hello again I'm back :)

No car is not fixed as the problem is still happening, went for a bigger drive and doing about 100kph on a long up hill climb it still feels like it's surging or has a slight miss?
Changed the fuel filter yesterday and looked original GM made in Poland for Vauxhall and made no difference..

Something I did today was throw the multi-meter on the injectors and all read 14ohms and rechecked the leads from longest to shortest was 5000 to 1000 ohms.

I recorded some data with Tuner Pro RT and will upload the file if anyone want to view it.
Put the boot in and gets going very nicely;)

Last edited:

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Hello guys n girls ;)

As above I have been doing the dreaded manifold gaskets because of oil in the coolant and when I removed the manifold and turned it over to start cleaning this baffle fell out from where the pcv valve sits and I didn't get to see which way it goes in..View attachment 209285 View attachment 209286

Hello again Guys n girls;)

Since I have the plenum off again so I can replace the injectors I noticed that the spring on the PCV valve only sits up above the manifold by 10mm and the corresponding area in the plenum for the top of the spring to sit is 22mm to deep so the PCV and O-ring just jumps up and down in there?

JoNaLu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore VY Executive S2 3.8 V6
The hole to the top. Its upside down as it sits on the table, the neck goes in the hole.
Gday is there a o-ring that needs to go on the pvc valve ? My VY didnt have a buffle is that normal ?