Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders Buster For The Fakes They Are !

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
What a load of crap!!! No one deserves to get ripped off regardless of how much or how little they know about cars or anything else for that matter.

I agree that no one deserves to be ripped off, but some people ask for it by blindly accepting the first quote or offer when parting with money. If I am after a particular service I shop around, I ask friends for their advice on businesses they have used, I try to use businesses that belong to associations relating to their trade. I always make sure when I am having work performed (not just on cars) that I have a detailed quote in writing. If I disagree with the quote or think it is excessive (like for instance in the Peddars story) then I would simply thank them, take the quote away and seek other advice.

As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Tuesday next week I will be able to tell you the difference between Pedders and Jax quotes ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU STRAIGHT AWAY IS THAT PEDDERS CHARGE $14 TO CHECK THE SUSPENSION JAX CHARGE NOTHING.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
^I duno, I got my last suspension check from my local Pedders for free.. I even told them I was going to fix any problems myself.. Maybe I just got lucky. Pedders I usually end up getting trade price anyway, so it's a win from me.

Sam

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Tuesday next week I will be able to tell you the difference between Pedders and Jax quotes ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU STRAIGHT AWAY IS THAT PEDDERS CHARGE $14 TO CHECK THE SUSPENSION JAX CHARGE NOTHING.

omg $14....that was cap lock worthy :p

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
omg $14....that was cap lock worthy :p

Of course it was! It was said in caps!! Don't you get it??!?! Heathen! Think of the children of those poor families and how many ice creams that could have bought.. Pity he didn't use some!!!!'s Heathen!!

;)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I agree that no one deserves to be ripped off, but some people ask for it by blindly accepting the first quote or offer when parting with money. If I am after a particular service I shop around, I ask friends for their advice on businesses they have used, I try to use businesses that belong to associations relating to their trade. I always make sure when I am having work performed (not just on cars) that I have a detailed quote in writing. If I disagree with the quote or think it is excessive (like for instance in the Peddars story) then I would simply thank them, take the quote away and seek other advice.
I have what I consider to be the best insurance against paying too much for anything. Learn what makes it tick and fix it yourself. Only once in forty years have I paid big dollars for a repair, and that was because I couldn't be bothered pulling the dash out to replace an air con evaporator that had carked it in the VR. I shopped around for that job, I'll admit, but everything else gets fixed in my garage.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Never had a problem with my local Pedders (Ferntree Gully). Always great service, good prices etc. Never had them tell me i "needed" something done. They do the job i paid for, and that's it. I always use Pedders.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Never had a problem with my local Pedders (Ferntree Gully). Always great service, good prices etc. Never had them tell me i "needed" something done. They do the job i paid for, and that's it. I always use Pedders.

Exactly the same for me, have used pedders and my local dealer here for over 10 years, no problems whatsoever.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
I have been dealing with pedders for over 20 years as a trade customer getting products and advice from them from the moorabbin store early on to dealing with colin at dandy , advice on race car set up's to comp 4WD's the family hack even upgrades for trailers and vans , best advice is to shop around and compare quotes from here and there ask question as to what you are getting , takes more than just changing springs to lower a car correctly and make it handle well , tyre factory would quote $380 to lower your average car ( VB VS sedans ) just by changing the springs and a quick toe in adjustment of the front .