Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders Vs. King Springs

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
Depends what you want

Cruiser - go pedders
Wanna throw it into corners - king spring and monroe short shocks

Many people dont go with short shocks when using king springs and the rides crap, even with FE2 shocks. But ive just had shock monroes put in, with new strut bearings, strut top mounts and link pinks, and the thing drives like new. Its bouncy, but you dont hear V8 drivers complaning about the ride when the can fly through The Chase flat

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Pedders = Cruising fair call

Kings + Monroe shocks for corners massive LOL

If your car is bouncy your setup is completely wrong, V8 super cars don't "bounce".
The suspension is only a small factor when you are talking about going through the chase at 300KPH. There is tyres and aero to take into consideration. The V8 Supercars use EIBACH springs.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
eibach make good stuff, all my motorcycles run their springs.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
If your car is bouncy your setup is completely wrong, V8 super cars don't "bounce".
The suspension is only a small factor when you are talking about going through the chase at 300KPH. There is tyres and aero to take into consideration. The V8 Supercars use EIBACH springs.
V8 Supercars also share almost nothing in common with our cars. They don't even have IRS.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
V8 Supercars also share almost nothing in common with our cars. They don't even have IRS.

Mine is a live axle, no ghay IRS in my VS:D

troym

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline series 2
fitted king springs to my VE SS 4 weeks ago, fitted 150ssl & 152ssl, found ride average & was not happy car was not equally level, was not happy at all so i fitted pedders sports rider 3 days ago, Brilliant!! ride so much better ride exactly what i wanted, no comparison sports rider so much better, no criticism of kings however if you just want to lower 1inch & want to retain a quality ride pedders gets my vote!

Last edited: