Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance enhancing a series 2 ve sv6 comodore

tripo23q

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve sv6
Hi
the stock the ve sv6 has 210 kw... i would like to know how to go about finding the true potential of the comodore without supercharging or smacking a turbo in there
i understand that the low to mid range rev output dose lag.....
i realise there are various parts, methods and ways going about doing this but please submit all your theories so i can come up with my own
i want to install an ecu chip.. dont reali no much about them i understand what they do.... but brands no clue... should i install before or after i finish the mods ?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
If ur on ur p's it has too much for u to begin with.

tripo23q

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve sv6
lol i know ... but not planning on selling it anytime soon, n ive heard of the 06 models putting out somewhere between 235-240 fromm 190kw

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Go get a custom made manifold for your car, its around $2000, and then a mafless tune.

Mafless tune on the SIDI? I don't think so......

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
You get what you pay for....

A few bolt ons will hardly make a difference and novelty will wear out very quickly.

Side mounted blower would make it alive and you could get away without intercooling if boost was not to high

tripo23q

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve sv6
I know you said that you didn't want blowers/turbos but,they are the only real way to make power out of the 6's.Some think like this would be good for you and the cost is ok.
SUPERCHARGER KIT VE V6 3.6L Non Intercooled 265KW+ | eBay

im a p plater ....... or i would of gone a v8 so it looks like im gonna have to stick to the bolt ons..... ecu chip n a decent tune.... these defects can be hidden tho supercharge and turbo are to obvious lol im certain i can still add about 60 kw onto the car ....

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah FI the way to go. The above kit though is designed for the non-SIDI so not sure how it would go. Have often looked at those kits and wondered if they'd hook up OK to the SIDI? No need to change ECU though as the SIDI chip is tuneable to FI. For around $4k you could do a 3.7 diff, extractors, CAI (wait for OTR to be released though) and a tune. I've found these OK but now is not enough although I think the OTR will make a difference:)

Edit: Oh I also belive that MACE are developing some cams for them.