Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance enhancing a series 2 ve sv6 comodore

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Jarp has summed it up pretty well.
Mods all depend on how much you're willing to spend...
Current mods you can do, full exhaust, manifold insulators, under drive pulley kit, and Mace can also tune the engine and transmission (if auto)
As for CAI, wait a little while, as there is an OTR version on the way.
MACE is also developing cams which should pull nice results.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I know you said that you didn't want blowers/turbos but,they are the only real way to make power out of the 6's.Some think like this would be good for you and the cost is ok.
SUPERCHARGER KIT VE V6 3.6L Non Intercooled 265KW+ | eBay

+ clutch (or auto equivalent) etc
+ will need to upgrade the exhaust
+ fuel system
+ tuning
+ injector upgrade
+ installation

Will probably cost closer to 10k

And Jarp, $4k is abit extreme for those mods? Mace tunes are going for $440 atm, diff anywhere between $500-$1000, CAI $250-$600, extractors $400-$800. I wouldn't spend more than $2000 all up for those mods.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
ok here is the thing ... sidi 20K to force induction ... trust me ive investigated ... still investigating infact ... the quickest way to gain power is extractors cats exhaust intake and a tune ... even the injestors im having trouble finding

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
ok here is the thing ... sidi 20K to force induction ... trust me ive investigated ... still investigating infact ... the quickest way to gain power is extractors cats exhaust intake and a tune ... even the injestors im having trouble finding

The money you have spent on your car mate, why not switch it to an 8?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

or switch it to a v10- where does it stop:surprise:

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
When the cash reserves are empty

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
i cant afford it any more ... if i was to swap cars i would one one in similar condition (which is excellent) and the only money i have spent on performance is about 5g ... enough to buy an 8 yes but i wont get what i owe on this car ... and hence the cycle ... but with the limited mods available for my car everyday i wish i had bought the 6L
BUT i do love my car

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
20k is a fair whack. Can I ask what you base those figures on?

From what I've been told and read there is still some headroom in the stock fuel injection system so no need to spend on that unless you are wanting larger numbers then of course you are up for others costs to make it streetable. Have a read of what STS has done with the twin scroll for the LLT Camaro. Squires Turbo Systems - 2010-2011 V6 Camaro. I think this is the cost Squires Turbo Systems (STS) V6 Turbo Kit :: 2010 Camaro V6

I'm sure you can spend and spend on all sorts of stuff but I still reckon you might be able to FI this car for under 10k. I'd love to see some comments from any of you with an engineering background on the feasability of using one of these SUPERCHARGER KIT VE V6 3.6L Non Intercooled 265KW+ | eBay on a SIDI or even modifying the STS Camaro unit to fit the Commo?

Edit: Yeah I'm sure you can get things cheaper Kuzman just saying approximately what I spent is all.

New 3.7lsd from Holmart was $1800 + fit.
Extractors - $800 fitted
Growler was around $400 I think
Tune: $400ish
Other exhaust changes $600ish. I reckon ya better off over guesstimating higher than to conservatively that way there are no shocks and maybe even a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
I have rung around a few places and most have said that the computer system is not capable of handling the additional demand made by a turbo or blower so that has to have at least a piggy back ecu on it ... And then If you want to rub more then around 4psi you have to do the injectors as well ... 20k is an over estimation ... But most have said I wouldn't get much change out of 18k

If you are wondering where I got that info from it was from Dale at CHE