Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Ideas Please

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Thanks

Thanks heaps for your help mate ya probly just saved me a heap of $$$
Not so sure I agree with the 5-10kw. Where my car is getting done they recently did a similar one to mine and it apparantly had a 30rwkw gain from OTR and tune. The proof will be in the pudding next week when I get mine back.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Keep me updated please
Sure will, the tuner reckons it should put out around 200rwkw once finished. They are pretty well known for their car mods, restorations and building high performance engines so I have no reason to not believe them.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Keep me updated please
Got my car back today, it had 200 cell 3 inch high flow cats put on it, an orssom OTR and a 95 tune.

The baseline run was actually 169rwkw. The gains I thought I would get were not hit.

From all my reading and looking at what shops expect for gains I was forecasting around 30-35rwkw gains.

I ended up with 22rwkw gains so that upped it to 191rwkw.

From my calculations based upon standard engine output I believe the at engine gain to be 27kw so that should in theory take the engine power to 237kw or 318hp.

Torque, with some of my basic calculations has increased at the engine from 350nm to 386nm. Torque at the rear wheels I do not know as the readings is one of those crazy ones that reads as about 200nm more than standard, don't know how that is converted.

Am I disappointed that the gains weren't a bit more? Yes.

Would I do it again? Definitely. I still gained almost 40 engine hp and 30 rear wheel hp, and almost 40nm of torque.

The throttle response is superb, it holds the gears better and accelerates more with less throttle input.

Certainly glad I got it done.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Got my car back today, it had 200 cell 3 inch high flow cats put on it, an orssom OTR and a 95 tune.

The baseline run was actually 169rwkw. The gains I thought I would get were not hit.

From all my reading and looking at what shops expect for gains I was forecasting around 30-35rwkw gains.

From my calculations based upon standard engine output I believe the at engine gain to be 27kw so that should in theory take the engine power to 237kw or 318hp.

Torque, with some of my basic calculations has increased at the engine from 350nm to 386nm. Torque at the rear wheels I do not know as the readings is one of those crazy ones that reads as about 200nm more than standard, don't know how that is converted.

Would I do it again? Definitely. I still gained almost 40 engine hp and 30 rear wheel hp, and almost 40nm of torque.

The throttle response is superb, it holds the gears better and accelerates more with less throttle input.

Like is said before it’s a lot more difficult to wring power out of an alloytec as they are already quite efficient out of the box. 191kw and 386nms isn’t a bad result though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Like is said before it’s a lot more difficult to wring power out of an alloytec as they are already quite efficient out of the box. 191kw and 386nms isn’t a bad result though.
For what he fitted, to get those gains is not bad.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Maybe some 3.45s, depending what you have in there now might give you a little more of what you're after. I say 3.45s as they are probably relatively easy to pick up SH.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Maybe some 3.45s, depending what you have in there now might give you a little more of what you're after. I say 3.45s as they are probably relatively easy to pick up SH.
Okay, good to know, I think it has 3.27 stock.

Kevdusty1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

Roughly what is it gana cost me coz im gana do it. Iv always had plans to change that air intake and get rid of that big ugly black box.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Roughly what is it gana cost me coz im gana do it. Iv always had plans to change that air intake and get rid of that big ugly black box.
Cost me around $2100, but if you dont go for the high flow cats then you are looking at around $1400 - $1500 including the tune which it does definitely need once the new air intake is put on. The car is so much more fun to drive now.