Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance or looks?

Power or looks?

• Power

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Looks

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Even mix

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Neither, save money for next car

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Candy (other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Performane and looks i like both as a package but at the end of the day not every one can afford stinking big v8's, turbo charged engines and the like.

Everythink Takes time,there is no race for who has the best,quickest and largest rwkw.

Any one can have power and massive rwkw if they are 1. A mechanic by trade or have some knowlege to do it them selves.2. Have saved for it.3. In Debt paying back the bank.4 Inherited it from family. 5. Hava A good paying job.

Wouldn't worry about looks if the car drives like a semi go performance but dont expect alot from a six without a bit of money which would be better off into another car with more technolgy eg alloytec or v8. If you must keep the vr get the mechanics and safety aspects sorted then worry about some rims,17" rims will increase the handling of the car,they are cheap now and if ur doing alot of hard driving they will leave the taxi rims behind.

I voted for buy a next car as if ya want real performance the 3.8L just wont hit it. You are waisting ur time if you want real performance without forced induction.

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Wouldn't worry about looks if the car drives like a semi so performance but dont expect alot from a six without a bit of money which would be better off into another car with more technolgy eg alloytec or v8. If you must keep the vr get the mechanics and safety aspects sorted then worry about some rims,17" rims will increase the handling of the car,they are cheap now and if ur doing alot of hard driving they will leave the taxi rims behind.
how does a car have more technology just because its got a v8 over a v6?
I voted for buy a next car as if ya want real performance the 3.8L just wont it it.

well you cant really say that. there are a few 3.8L powered cars making more power than a lot of 5 litres will make

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
how does a car have more technology just because its got a v8 over a v6?

well you cant really say that. there are a few 3.8L powered cars making more power than a lot of 5 litres will make

Not without FI lol.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
:thumbsup:EVEN MIX no point having a car that loks great but has no performance and no good having heaps of performance in car that looks like crap

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
my car is going dam hard (when i get injector's) but look's like crap stocky's with vr acclaim hubcaps, faded paint, ding's every where, standard height
its already one of the quickest commodores in my town so bout time i make it look good
definetly a mix i hate cars that are show but no go

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I like performance mods, but i lean more towards looks. After i took care of suspension etc and all my brakes etc are working fine and maintained, i started on cosmetic stuff.

I'd prefer a nice clean wicked looking cruiser as opposed to a quick / fast car.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
At the moment im all about going fast, but thats only cause i think my car looks good stock.
But if it were an exec or somthing i would do the usual looks things like rims lowerd etc etc.
Thinkin cam in a few weeks :p