Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pickles auctions

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Just wondering if anyone has bought a car from the auctions before?

Any good deals to be found? Are they worth a visit?

Paddy

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
im also interested in hearing about autions? do pickles sell written off cars as well? if not were do you buy them from???

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah Pickles sell written off cars.

Damaged, burnt, stolen and recovered etc... Financial Write-offs, structural write-offs... The lot. And normal cars as well.

They're worth a look... Some cars go dirt cheap... I've been thinking about popping down there if I see a Calibra on their site...

the horse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yeah i think pickles is great, you can get a great deal especially if the car has a late appearance in the auction and it is a nice hot day, not many of those dealership guys like standing in the hot shed! :yeah: Also i think the one in welshpool aint as good as the one up north - just a bit further to drive for a few of us!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
There's also Fowles, which sell damaged, repossessed, fleet and written of vehicles. They are definately worth a look. The only thing is, if its a commodore your after, you'll have some tough competition. Not only the public, but most wreckers scour auctions as well.

But still, bargains to get there are everywhere. I'd suggest go to a few auctions and just see what goes on before going in to buy something.

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Cheers guys, yes I'm after a VY Acclaim, they seem to have a few every week but I have no idea how much they end up going for.

You have to buy the Pickles "What people pay" book

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah, just go to the auction and see first hand what people pay. I've been there and seen a VX calais go for $4,500, but I've also seen a VT Exec go for $6,000 in the same condition. It just depends who your competition is. :) For a VY keep an eye in the fleet and repossessed vehicle auctions.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
probly looking 15 from wht i saw a while back

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i've bought a few cars from pickles, there's definately bargains to be had there. It definately helps if you know what you're doing- go to the auctions for a few weeks before you even try bidding so you can suss out how it works. Or become friends with a high profile wrecker so they can buy for you ;-)