Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics/stories Of Peoples Projects Gone Wrong!!!!!!!

5ivespeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Manual
not a project but did anyone hear about the mechanics that went joyriding in a guys $45,000 monaro and totalled it? and i heard it only went in for a service

yentzelburger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Wagon
me an dad rebuilt the ol desiel in his '80 hilux
little later, it chewed the timing belt and broke a couple of rocker arms.
fixed it all up an put it back 2gether an a week later it did it again. just made more of a mess this time.
that was when we got a newer 2.6 desil and chucked the old one (rebuilt 2,000km ago) into the bottom of the old septic tank
there it will lie 4eva! lol

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
ive got a good one...

bloke next door.some what not mechanically minded but still tries, decided to do an oil change..he came over on fri arvo askin for some tools. filter strap socket etc in which i gave him ..

he gets to it changes his oil. comes bak a few hours later. gives bak the tools i lent him ..today he comes round askin y his gearbox isnt workin properly...i go over there to investigate...

i ask howd u go with the oil he change.."he goes yer went good..it was a bit funny tho. i drained the oil and put bak in exactly wat came out, but yet the reading on the dipstick was double wat it shud be".. i asked him to show me where had drained the oil from..he points to the gearbox!

he thort the gearbox drain plug was the engine oil drain plug.he drained the gearbox of all its contents refitted the plug then aded oil to the engine..so the engine had double the amount of oil and the gearbox...none..beaing a manual it went for about 20 meters before it started making bad noises.

lol

gendi

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SVZ Wagon
installed a head unit into mycar, sits a fraction too high and the rear speakers are channel swapped..... cbf fixing :p

lol my speakers where the same, ended up just running wire in the boot across to the correct speaker to fix the channels looks dodgy but it works.

i had a mate who sprayed his car black with spray paint. didnt cover windows or lights.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
i wan installing a new dash facia in my vx, so i removed the dash surround, the stereo, eveything like that..
evrything went well,plugged it all back in,
but then it wudnt start!
i though holy **** wtf have i done ive disconnected the immobiliser button thing i dont know what ive done holy **** holy ****...

after about an hour of lookin the interior up and down to find out what id done wrong,
id taken the dash out again to see if everything was plugged in,

turns out id left the car in drive when i tried to start it.
i changed it to park, and hey presto...
:bang:

Rishy

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Nissan GU Patrol
i wan installing a new dash facia in my vx, so i removed the dash surround, the stereo, eveything like that..
but then it wudnt start!
i though holy **** wtf have i done ive disconnected the immobiliser button thing i dont know what ive done holy **** holy ****...

after about an hour of lookin the interior up and down to find out what id done wrong,

Ive done that..........twice, felt so retarded.:bang:

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
but then it wudnt start!

Hahaha, many times I've done that as well...One time I was working with the radio and it wouldnt start when I finished, WELL, I had my mum yelling at me giving me s**t cause it wouldn't start (she one of those people that likes to always be right, and she was telling me that I will flatten my battery keeping the door open for an hour or so....) Well didn't I feel like a d**k when I realised it was in drive :|

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
haha, man ive done that sooo many times, sittin there ****tin my daks thinking i've ****ed something