Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics/stories Of Peoples Projects Gone Wrong!!!!!!!

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Got a similar sound system install "fire" story....

I installed a sub into my wb statesman and when running the main power wire (from the batt) found a hole in the firewall near the heater unit (behind the head unit). I thought SWEET! no drilling!!! so I was cruizing down the mainstreet feeling pretty good, when smoke started coming from under my bonnet and under my dash! I started to **** myself and couldnt pull over anywhere and pplz were staring (big 1984 WB stato immac with white smoke billowing out of the bonnet and the entire cabin was full of smoke as well) managed to get off the mainstreet and pull over opened up the bonnet and found the wire had melted to the entire engine bay and had a look underneath my dash and the heater unit my head unit were all melted, I couldnt figure out why this had happened! Took it to my mechanic and he asked if I had put a rubber grommit in the hole before running the wire thru....... obviously no..... as with all old and rare cars the new heater unit and surrounds and repairs to the damaged paint work cost lotsa $$$ but il always remember those bloody rubber grommits now!!!!

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
never let a first year put a car on a hoist

LMFAO!!!!!!

Had an uncle who bought a wrecking yard, had a car up on the hoist when it gave way (very old hoist)...... SPLAT!!!! it was only a wreck that they were stripping luckily but he had his mint condit XD on it an hour b4.....

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
A few weeks ago me and my mate were reinstalling his gearbox into his XF fairmont, we decided to slide the engine crane through the front doors and feed rope around the 'box through the gear hole... looked funny as

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
this is about my mini choppper i used to have
i was fiddling around with the 1 piston engine
a whole 49cc haha.
anwyas i was gettin a bigger bore for it. i replace everthing.
started it up, road it down the road and about 2 mins later the engine sized up. took it back home and took apart the engine, saw that the piston rings where snapped and sumhow ended up in the compression chamber.
to this day i dont no how they got there.
i replaced it all, and sold the bike

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
When I was in Year 12 (1997) I did the automotive strand of HSC Design & Technology. Basically everybody in the class got to rebuild a car, engine, motorbike etc and we all got judged on our works at the end of the year.

One dude rebuilt a 351 and managed to finish it on the day of the marking. It was on a custom built engine stand with a set gauges on a steel plate, starter button, throttle lever, small fuel tank and battery. It looked sweet as. Only had extractors on it too.

The marking took place in the school hall, where all of the works were on display. This 351 was pretty much sitting in the centre of the hall.

Anyway, the dude goes to fire it up for the first time, surrounded by Board of Studies people. The thing wouldn't fire so he keeps cranking it. All of a sudden it fired and spat huge long tongues of flame out of the extractors. Scared the fuk out of everyone and burnt all the carpet on the ground immediately behind it.

On the same day, another dude had wheeled his newly rebuilt lawnmower in and started it up in the hall. As soon as he started it, the head flew off and went through the glass doors, lucky nobody was standing in the way. The dude had tightened the head bolts so much that he had pretty much wasted the bolts.

Another tool had rebuilt a 202, but he was so mechanically useless, the teacher made him push his engine and stand into the centre of the oval to start it.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
When I was in Year 12 (1997) I did the automotive strand of HSC Design & Technology. Basically everybody in the class got to rebuild a car, engine, motorbike etc and we all got judged on our works at the end of the year.

One dude rebuilt a 351 and managed to finish it on the day of the marking. It was on a custom built engine stand with a set gauges on a steel plate, starter button, throttle lever, small fuel tank and battery. It looked sweet as. Only had extractors on it too.

The marking took place in the school hall, where all of the works were on display. This 351 was pretty much sitting in the centre of the hall.

Anyway, the dude goes to fire it up for the first time, surrounded by Board of Studies people. The thing wouldn't fire so he keeps cranking it. All of a sudden it fired and spat huge long tongues of flame out of the extractors. Scared the fuk out of everyone and burnt all the carpet on the ground immediately behind it.

On the same day, another dude had wheeled his newly rebuilt lawnmower in and started it up in the hall. As soon as he started it, the head flew off and went through the glass doors, lucky nobody was standing in the way. The dude had tightened the head bolts so much that he had pretty much wasted the bolts.

Another tool had rebuilt a 202, but he was so mechanically useless, the teacher made him push his engine and stand into the centre of the oval to start it.

hahahahahaha thats awsome

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Flame On!!