Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics/stories Of Peoples Projects Gone Wrong!!!!!!!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
In a follow up to my previous post in this thread.. I FOUND A PICTURE!

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
haha nice work juzza...umm a story... well just before i sold my old vl to a mate who luckly only wanted the motor, spool, interior out of it...had the back left corner jacked up and it fell off the jack before i could put the stand under it and the stand was right under the sill under the rear door and punced a hole through it

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
did sumthing stupid when i was 19, you know how armorald replenishes plastics, it makes faded paint look like new. i was like beaut and did the whole car with it. looked brand new. problems was since its oil dust and everything stuck to it. ah just take her to the high pressure auto car wash. mistake number two. hosed off the armorald and left streaks left right and center all over the car.
anyway took the car off the road last year had it in the shed for ages changed the wiring loom to vp calais i got off ebay didnt know which way the dash plugs sat and caused an interior fire.
to top that off i had to move suddenly 2 months ago so i rushed the car to get onto wheels. got a car trailer and as i was driving the car up the trailer the trailer moved to the right a lil and this stupid bolt was sticking out on the trailer collected my new fender and freshly painted front door, ****ed them both.
because the car doesnt turn over with the key u have to short out the solinoid my mate was showing me how to do it, being a vn he was under the left hand side of the car. problem was i only had the manifolds on and his head was under the pipe when it started. he jumped out of his skin and his baby sum 50 meters away balled his eyes out.

A few years ago i was changed the fuel filter and thought i had bleeded the system. was under the car pulling off the fuel lines and all this fuel gushed out , down my nose down my throat and in my eyes, ****en havent run so fast to get into the shower like that before.
A house mate that was living with us is the kind of person that would go to a mechanics with 2 grand and go fix my car spend 2 grand to fix it, they bought him new tires and fixed **** that was easy to fix and not the problem. his power steering was leaking so he drained the fluid and put water in the system. i asked him wtf he was doin and he went im checking for leaks.
if any thing else pops up i will type it in

Huge

Turbine Wag
Reaction score
Members Ride
25th Anniversary
I destroyed my brothers Sigma. Having never done more than change brake pads and minor services I took on the head gasket of the Sigma. Bought the book read the instructions then bought the tools and parts. Removed battery leads, removed and pluged fuel lines then started on one of the manifolds. Now it all goes Pear shaped, whilst leaning over front guard and under the carbi to undo manifold bolts. I pushed the battery leads, somehow causing a massive spark that led to a small fire from one of the pluged fuel lines. So being the tough guy I though I was I'd snuff it out quickly with my hand, F@#K, burnt my hand. Fire gets bigger, extinguisher to old won't work, F@#K, hose too short, F@#K. Pushed car out of carport, a passing car called fire brigade, car is now fully alight, pushed it away from the house but now to close to my car, fire brigade arrive and put out fire. Sigma completely destroyed and my car sufferd 2nd degree burns (melted tailight and scorched paint, phew!) Brother arrives home and thinks I've put his plates on a wrecked sigma as a joke. That afternoon I drove to the NRMA office, unwashed, still covered in burnt stuff and put the wheels of insurance in motion. The car then sat in the driveway at home for 4 days, reminding me everytime I left the house.
Yes NRMA replaced my F@#K up.

Last edited:

the horse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Whats that on my leg?

A few years ago i was helping the old man restore a 1974 VW beetle. it ended up looking pretty damn good but during the months i had it in the shed sanding back the millions of coats of paint it had accumulated over the years i had also been doing engine work. After finally finishing on the engine i put it back in and decided to take it for a test drive. At this stage the passenger seat was a milk create and the whole car was half sanded back. My mate was keen to come for a ride too. It’s kind of a thing you have to picture; two 18YO's sittin on milk creates driving in a VW beetle that had no guards attached, no windscreen or windows, absl no interior and in the late stages of being prepared to be resprayed. On the way back to my house i was coming up a hill and the damn thing ran outta fuel! my suburb is generally deserted but of course the only car we see that arvo goes to pull into the driveway that we have rolled the car into while we go get fuel. Anyway he wasn't to upset and ended up giving us some fuel. On the way to my house i could feel a liquid trickling on my ankle, and as i pushed the breaks a small fountain of break fluid trickled onto my foot from a rupture in the break line. i'll post a few pics 2moz of the car after it was finished. I got millions of these stories about this car!!!
:p :p :p
p.s: don’t give me the unsafe lecture, when I was 18 I still wasn’t a reckless driver, we went bout 30-40km around the block in a v.quite town :)

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
went 2 "Legal" yes legal burnouts dwn in Camberfield guy had his car down there rippin it up and he owns a radiator company commentators doin a bit of advertising 4 him next thing u no raditor blows limps off **** pissin everywhere haha fkn nut

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Got this story off a mate, him and his cousin had the work van in a big warehouse, so decided to try handbrakies and what not. Went ok for a bit until they ended up flipping the van:thumbsup: