Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer bluetooth DEH-P7850BT info

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Bluetooth is only a method of connection available to two devices that have bluetooth connectivity options. Mobile phones do, some head units do, thus they can connect. If you are suggesting that an ipod or mp3 player can connect through the headunit through bluetooth, unfortunatly not. The headunit should have an aux connection though for direct cable connection. Thats different from an ipod connection again, there dont seem to be many units that offer bluetooth and ipod control without either adding one or the other to the standard unit.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
[VP2NV];594243 said:
being bluetooth and all i was under the impression u could bluetooth songs to the head unit is this true?
Not without the HU having some form of internal or attached storage.....

extremeaudiowa

Reaction score
Well you can bluetooth songs to the headunit but it doesnt store them it just plays them directly. It is only if the player supports the correct profile. Most phones are not set up for stereo A2DP protocol but if your a lucky person who does then this will work. Also in the enxt twelve months of so when the Ipod Bluetooth comes out it will come in very handy. Pair your ipod to your cd player and control it all wirelessly....

Technology is moving very very very fast./.... Hard to keep up but if your keen on more info on the pioneer bluetooth let me know as i am right into it.

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
well i have a pretty new nokia phone the bluetooth works great on it and im getting this deck today or tommorrow i think. So i am able to play songs on the headunit, but it cannot store them? thats ok cause i wasnt planning on storing them anyway, i just wanted it if a friend has a really good song on their phone and i wanna play it on my sound system i can.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It's very rare for a phone to have the streaming audio capabilities that the head unit requires to do that. I'm yet to find a phone that will stream audio to them successfully.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
[VP2NV];596054 said:
well i have a pretty new nokia phone the bluetooth works great on it and im getting this deck today or tommorrow i think. So i am able to play songs on the headunit, but it cannot store them? thats ok cause i wasnt planning on storing them anyway, i just wanted it if a friend has a really good song on their phone and i wanna play it on my sound system i can.

Im with StoneX on that one. I dont think you are going to be able to do what you are planning on there.

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
guess what went to the audio store today and my phone sends songs to the head unit:D *jumps up and down* eh eh lol

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I've got the 9850, the bluetooth is freaking awesome. I mounted the mic just behind the sun visor, picks up my voice great, don't have to shout or anything.

Worth it. Period. Best money I've spent on my car so far, and I've spent a bit!